Model Cars Magazine Forum

These are the most recent pics of my ride. (the one ON the trailer) A 99 Silverado, Z71, 5.3, auto. The first was when the tranny blew a couple weeks ago about 140XXX miles.

IMAG0139.jpg

Then a week and two days later that tranny lost 3rd gear.

IMAG0146.jpg

This one was the day I bought it about a year and a half ago.

63814_10150254500760655_621640654_14990381_7169896_n.jpg

Edited by southernboy

TheBeastLeftSide.jpg

The leyland P76 was used as a rally car but is now used as a photographic car when we go out and take photos of trucks, the lights R only used in very dark spots where extra lighting is needed.

If I ever buy another private car, it will be one of these.

Well since I have a few vehicles in my stable. I will show you the current ones and not the past ones.

My daily driver my 1993 Toyota mini truck. Owned it since new. It use to be my show truck but then got in a wreck. It is now back on the road after 10 years.

4-14-2011e.jpg

Next is my pride and joy. It is my 81 Toyota Corolla SR5 sport coupe. It was my first car. My dad bought it new and gave it to me when I was 16. I has been down for a few years. I plan to get it back on the road real soon.

81corolla-b.jpg

My next one I got a few years ago. This is my 1968 Superior Cadillac royal limosine combination I cal Cyrus the Virus. I am currently rebuilding the motor and almost done. It will be on the road before the end of the year.

jb25.jpg

Next is my bike that I just bought last year. It is a 1979 Suzuki GS750. It has also been kind of a project since it had been sitting up for many years before I bought it. I only have a couple more kinks to take car of and then it should be great.

gs750b.jpg

Question: How would you rate your car...BTW Nice looking PT :)

Thanks, Don! I'd rate it probably about a 7.5/10. I love the look, and it's pretty quick. The exhaust note is really nice, and the build quality is surprisingly good overall. The reliability has been excellent, too- the only real drawback is the sub-20mpg fuel economy, which isn't helped by my lead-footed driving style!

Hey Roger, how does that Hemi do on gas?

Seriously, I know the V6 is a great MPG car, but if I go with a Charger (thinking, thinking) I want a Hemi. I get about 23 mpg with my Lincoln on my daily commute which is 2/3 freeway, 1/3 surface street.

G

You are thinking about a new Charger too?, I would say screw the Mustang or Camaro and go with the Charger, I really like the new design of the Chargers.

Edited by martinfan5

Thanks, Don! I'd rate it probably about a 7.5/10. I love the look, and it's pretty quick. The exhaust note is really nice, and the build quality is surprisingly good overall. The reliability has been excellent, too- the only real drawback is the sub-20mpg fuel economy, which isn't helped by my lead-footed driving style!

Thanks for the reply.. B)

This was till last year .till I got a $3000 bill for a CPU and some other garbage that went bad. It was a 2000 eclipse.

1024bfd2.jpg

0484ca37.jpg

This was taken on a windy day at a house I worked on next to a ski slope. ( notice the wind blew over the porta pottie.)

5620a784.jpg

I picked this up last summer 1983 Yamaha . I bought it as a first bike till I learn how to ride. Then I'll get a nice one.

8e740acb.jpg

Then on to my present car / truck. A 1959 f100

9d29344f.jpg

Edited by hotrod59f100

This was till last year .till I got a $3000 bill for a CPU and some other garbage that went bad. It was a 2000 eclipse.

1024bfd2.jpg

0484ca37.jpg

This was taken on a windy day at a house I worked on next to a ski slope. ( notice the wind blew over the porta pottie.)

5620a784.jpg

I picked this up last summer 1983 Yamaha . I bought it as a first bike till I learn how to ride. Then I'll get a nice one.

8e740acb.jpg

Then on to my present car / truck. A 1959 f100

9d29344f.jpg

What are those Do-Hickys sticking out of the hood on the truck??

my first purchase was a '59 Ford Truck...that was back in well.... never mind.... a long time ago ^_^

not the greatness for old raw power on here but this is the only car i built up to anything but stock, I am a dodge fan thanks to my dad with his charger when i was younger, it is a 97 neon with custom interior mostly fiberglass and a srt 4 engine swap, I sold it awhile ago, which i regret and as of now i drive a stock 99 neon

post-9586-0-06082700-1332204462_thumb.jp

Hey Roger, how does that Hemi do on gas?

Seriously, I know the V6 is a great MPG car, but if I go with a Charger (thinking, thinking) I want a Hemi. I get about 23 mpg with my Lincoln on my daily commute which is 2/3 freeway, 1/3 surface street.

G

I have a 2011 Charger R/T with Road and Track package and I love it, The car says I average right at 20mpg and recommends mid-grade, My commute is roughly 13 miles each way that is split 50/50 between freeway and city streets. However when my wife has the car she can get it up to 21/22 mpg on the liar-o-meter as I call it. It may not sip gas like the Scion tC we have but I have no problem filling it up because I love driving it that much.

You are thinking about a new Charger too?, I would say screw the Mustang or Camaro and go with the Charger, I really like the new design of the Chargers.

Can't agree more here, I test drove the new Mustang, Camaro and Challenger before my wife and I bought our Charger, I didn't much care for the Mustangs interior, The interior design of the Camaro IMO was sub par and has poor ergonomics with horrible blinds spot, although I did test drive a rag top in the winter, the Challenger was a blast to drive and has killer looks as well but it ultimately came down to I am young (25) and want kids before I plan on changing cars again and the four doors was a deciding factor, but I think regardless I would have bought a new Charger, Just wish I could have talked her into ordering an SRT-8 over the R/T

Edited by cmfowler