Model Cars Magazine Forum

From Spring '11,in order I started off with this...

030.jpg

and added this to park beside of it...

Pic1.jpg

Then after a house fire in the Summer ('11),sold the Dime,rode the Blazer a while before selling it,and when the insurance settled on the house bought this...

8-19-114.jpg

(not near as stock as it looks B) ) But with my spinal injuries,on the bad days I had trouble climbing in and out of it,on the good days I couldn't haul my mtn bikes anywhere to ride...I was frustrated,so I sold it and bought....I bought.....this...

001.jpg

Don't laugh though...I'd rather pedal than drive anyways,and since the day I crammed 9 bikes and 2 riding buddies in there,I been happy :P:lol:

Hey, don't laugh at those Villager/Quest mini vans! They take a beating and come back for more. Tail wagging and all....

My daily driver is this 2-owner `99 Maxima I picked up.I bought it from a co-worker who was the second owner when it had 23K on it. I got it with just a tick over 100K and it'll go another 100K with proper maintenance. She's loaded w/eather, roof, white-face gauges, alloys, etc....

30281252112-vi.jpg

Then there's the Wife's daily driver she hardly drives anymore (she loves the Maxima.... go figure) that is a 2004 with only 52K on it. We bought it new and try and keep it as nice as we can. It's a turbo 1.8/auto and yes, it's ticket-bait fast.

DodgeDart031-vi.jpg?1339069617

And of course the `Cuda, which is about as far as a daily driver you can get (6-7 MPG in town....10 highway)

522213792-vi.jpg

My son bought a 2003 (I think) VW Golf GTI turbo a couple of years ago. It was in immaculate condition....or so he thought. Now, mind you, this was supposed to be their best performance coupe ever. Made in Brazil, all the best parts, highly sought after, blah, blah, blah. Yeah...ok.

Part after part after part broke, needed replacing, stopped working, came apart...and everything in between. It was a maintenance nightmare. Yes, it was cute, had a great paint job (a yellow metallic that reminded me of a Coddington car), handled and accelerated very well, and was very comfortable to sit in. WHEN IT STAYED ON THE ROAD! :(

After about 9 months and LOT of money he sold it. He was a big British car (tiny clown cars I say) lover, and he also drove Miatas for dependability. Well, he got another Miata, parked it in front of his girlfriend's house, and it was promptly smashed into by a moron who was never found. Just a trail of body parts down the street. Then, he did this:

111-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And, this one started it all for him:

PDR_0301-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

This is much better:

PDR_0396-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by deja-view

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy all,

There are some great rides in this thread! I'd consider parking my bags and heading to the states simply for the cars that we never see down here!

My stuff.

DD

DSCF0038.jpg

'03 Holden Statesman. She's just the baby 3.8L V6 (as opposed to the 5.7L V8 also available), and I love that I get better fuel economy in this full sized limo, than my Mrs old Mazda 3!

My bike

Pipes2.jpg

'07 Suzuki Boulevard

I fitted the whitewalls, pipes and extra chrome. The thing howls, and I love her!

Truck

5655_1229148207536_1194019765_70082.jpg

'76 F100

302, C4

She's my first big project, and currently looks like this:

IMAG0443.jpg

Little way to go yet ....

Cheers, Denzil

The wife drives a 08 Mini one

I drive her former car a 06 Suzuki swift VVT

And for the short trips we use the Vespa lx 50 cc witch we may drive without an helmet here in the Netherlands

I dont know how to place pics when using the darn Ipad

at 15 i dont have a car, but id do have a toy :D The story on it is i bought it after saving all my money for 3 years for it(birthdays, mowing lawns, helping ut with odd things here and there, etc.) I saved over 800 dollars. i bought it or 600 and thought i had some extra money to buy the parts for it that it needed, wrong!!! A week after buying it it blew up and here is some carnage GOPR0312.jpg

2012-04-10180321.jpg

2012-04-16235938.jpg

2012-04-21175209.jpg

So i bought the rebuild kit for the motor($200) that included: piston, gasket kit, bore & hone, bearings, wrist pin, and circlips, butt it didnt stop there. I had to save for another 6 months to get everything else i needed. After 6 months i had saved anotther 200 dollars and bought alot moe stuff to complete it. So the story goes that i ended up redoing the whole thing, by myself with no help fom anyone else, but a forum for some of my troubleshooting problems. So here is the before when i bought it:

2012-02-07151448.jpg

and here is now after the COMPLETE rebuild:

2012-06-07112607.jpg

and it still needs a new seat cover. So now since this thing is mostly done my money will go back to modeling if i can eventually find them odd jobs here and there again.

Heres a video of it. http://youtu.be/fSuObHAcQJQ

P.S. Sorry about the long post

Edited by nboldman