Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Happened :blink: ?

An accident.

The car in front of me slowed down for a left turn and stopped to yield for oncoming traffic. I stopped behind it, but a driver following me didn't think this is necessary.

Ouch ! I hope nobody was hurt.

Four people got injured in the incident, including my wife. Thanks God the children were loaned to my parents when this happened.

Edited by Junkman

Since my current car is just a 1996 Buick SW ( a people-mover) and nothing special, I'm gonna post a couple cars that preceded it:

'67 Pontiac Tempest, the last engine put in it was a Pontiac 455 with a 4bbl carb and GM HEI. Due to gas prices and losing my job, couldn't afford to keep it. :(

tempst2.jpg

and before that was a 1968 Firebird which I saved from a salvage yard, when I had it towed home it had no engine and the front bumper was in the back seat.

68bird02.jpg

and this pretty lady is what can be barely seen on the trunk lid of the photo above:

68bird03.jpg

Both cars were painted by my best friend Larry Vela.

An accident.

The car in front of me slowed down for a left turn and stopped to yield for oncoming traffic. I stopped behind it, but a driver following me didn't think this is necessary.

Four people got injured in the incident, including my wife. Thanks God the children were loaned to my parents when this happened.

Didn't you just get that car for a song in the past couple years too?

No pics...yet, mine...85 Chevy truck..58,000 miles, wife...02 Subaru Forrester...198,000 miles! Together, 05 Buick LeSabre...64,000. I used to own a 52 Chevy 2 door, styline deluxe, bone stock, straight 6, with 57,000 miles on it! Had to let that go awhile back! :angry:

Our roads are terrible here, and Ive never worried about scraping. If you slow down and go around potholes/manholes, etc. its not a problem. I avoid speedbumps at all cost though. Ive driven airbagged Caddys, s10s, lowered (static dropped) cadillacs and currently have an '11 Camaro that is lowered. just gott drive really vigilante.

My Mazda 6 is lowered to, nothing like high speed swerving to miss the manhole covers! It does make a person pay a lot more attention to the road. I had a 95 ranger dropped 4/6. It would smack that drop transmission crossmember on everything if your approach was off, got kinda old, I've got a

F 150 4x4 for winter and the rough back roads now...

Kind of odd damage from being rear-ended... were you hit by a ship or a 19th century locomotive? ;)

2227099693_dc9c8cb9b3.jpg

Yes. But I loved it and now there aren't any left in this configuration. Mine was a rare automatic.

That's what I thought, I'd feel the same way if it were my Cherokee. If something like tuat happened to my 200, it could easily be replaced easily, but not my XJ.

n

Kind of odd damage from being rear-ended... were you hit by a ship or a 19th century locomotive? ;)

2227099693_dc9c8cb9b3.jpg

Looks like it might have been a SUV or truck of some sort..............although now that I look at it again, could have even been a motorcycle, I've heard that ones like the Honda Goldwing can pack quite a punch in a wreck.

Edited by Joe Handley

We've got a few cars our family car and the wife's daily driver is a 2004 VY Holden Commodore wagon, my daily driver is a 1981 WB Holden panel van and we've also got a 1972 HQ Holden van in the shed. We're a Holden family through and through. :)

My daily driver. (My WB van).

Get out of here. you can't really own those cool wagons.

Really?

Get out of here. you can't really own those cool wagons.

Really?

Yeah they're our vans, here's a pic of me and my son Scotty in the shed with "his" van.

DSCF0121.jpg

And a pic of me, Scotty and my youngest son Josh with "his" van. The boys have both claimed a van and tell everyone that they own them and dad doesn't have a van. :D

MyWB011Small.jpg

Edited by Harry P.

The car that hit me was an old Nissan Primera, of all things. The driver tried to avoid me by steering into the field to the right, but it was too late. He hit me off centre and at an angle.

Yeah they're our vans, here's a pic of me and my son Scotty in the shed with "his" van.

DSCF0121.jpg

And a pic of me, Scotty and my youngest son Josh with "his" van. The boys have both claimed a van and tell everyone that they own them and dad doesn't have a van. :D

MyWB011Small.jpg

That Gold one looks like a 1977-1978 Pontiac Trans Am.

MyWB011Small.jpg

Would like to see a side shot of the Gold van.

The Blue/Purple Van reminds me of Madmax.

Ye'all got some Cool Vans Down Unda.. :D

Would like to see a side shot of the Gold van.

The Blue/Purple Van reminds me of Madmax.

Ye'all got some Cool Vans Down Unda.. :D

Yeah both the purple and gold vans share the same body style/shape as the van in Mad Max, it was a Holden too. B)

The purple one is fairly stock bodied while the gold one is fairly modified, the front is actually fibreglass moulded of a modified Trans Am front that's why it looks like a Trans Am. Trans Am fronts were a popular mod on Aussie vans in the 80's.

Here's some side on shots of the gold van for you.

check.jpg

scan11.jpg

vcr.jpg

And here's a pic of my purple one with the Mad Max van. B)

mvvans.jpg

Edited by checkmate

Thats some sweet vans. I wish I had one with the Pontiac conversion .

Yeah they look good standard bodied, nice and clean, like Mad Max's van. The Trans Am fronts were a real big thing here in the 80's and quite a few of the best known vans had them, I've got the moulds to make the T/A front and flares on mine.

Here's some of the other better known vans that had Trans Am fronts.

Street Legal.

street7.jpg

street.jpg

The Wizard.

scan0035.jpg

scan0036.jpg

And another one of our van, Checkmate. (there's differences between the fronts, the other two were based on Trans Am fronts, ours was moulded of an actual Trans Am front modified to fit.

Checkmate82c.jpg

Picked me up a 2012 Scion xD, 3 weeks ago. :)

I Already added Tinted the windows, remote start,TRD Exhaust, Receiver hitch(for bike rack).

Found my 17"inch wheels..

I upped the wheel off-set for a Flusher look than stock. :D

2012Scionnewwheels2-Copy.jpg?t=1346042870

Edited by RodneyBad