Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow. Those Brazilian Fords are nice, and the S10 is better looking than the US version.

I was in Rio de Janeiro and Recife in 79 and 89, but I don't remember seeing many of the Fords. I wish I had paid more attention - I'm a big fan of the Galaxies. We always had one when I was growing up. What struck me was all the small four door pickups with the short beds. You never saw those in the US until at least the 2000s.

Wow. Those Brazilian Fords are nice, and the S10 is better looking than the US version.

I was in Rio de Janeiro and Recife in 79 and 89, but I don't remember seeing many of the Fords. I wish I had paid more attention - I'm a big fan of the Galaxies. We always had one when I was growing up. What struck me was all the small four door pickups with the short beds. You never saw those in the US until at least the 2000s.

Thanks!!

I always loved Galaxies, they are the best cars money can buy, not only great looking, but also of extreme reliability. I've being driving Galaxies since I was 13 years old, and never one let me down. My '74 still had points distributor, and a vintage Autolite 4100 carburetor. As long as you have some basic spare parts and simple tools, a car like that will never let you down. That's why I don't trust or like modern cars with electronics everywhere, and even owning two newer cars, I only really trust the old Galaxie.

I had this a few years back. 2003 Chevy cavalier LS Sport. I had over $6000 invested in this car in just upgrades.

Full custom stereo

Racing seats

Stainless steel exhaust

17" Riax 5G wheels and BFG g-Force sport tires

Versus Motorsport 4-piece body kit

VIS Racing carbon fiber Evo hood

Autometer gauges

K&N Typhoon Intake

Optima battery

Pacesetter header

Basically anything that could be changed was! lol I sure do miss this car, still would have it is some a**hat didn't run a redlight and t-bone me.

26793370006_large_zps098fc06d.jpg

26793370004_large_zps82b57f36.jpg

Nice cars, Tullio. Interesting they used what appears to be the 1965-66 body all the way into the early '80s.

I quite agree with not trusting all the electronic junk new cars have. I dream of getting a nice 1950s-60s car with something disposable for winter use, as we get snow and such around here.

Also interesting to see that the export S10 uses the Isuzu Hombre nose-clip.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Frank. I was working on getting an Eibach lowering kit and possibly a GM Performance supercharger before it got totaled.

that bites! my 92 z-24 got crashed too. it was bone stock but had the 3.1litre in it :D

Doesn't look like much

Mods:

Completly gutted and rebuilt 4L60E-

•Billet output shaft

•Transgo HD2 shift kit

•Sonnax pinless billet accumulators

•Sonnax billet 2nd and 4th gear servos

•GM 5 pinion planets

•Borg Warner High Energy frictions

•hardened or strengthened everything else.

•Yank 3,000 stall converter

- PCM tune from Nelson performance in texas

- Headers

- Intake

- Exhaust

- Drop shackles

Next up: custom Edlebrock cam and LS2 instake from Trailblazer SS

fS3HVeY.jpg

VqQTOF7.jpg

ne2736Z.jpg

Doesn't look like much

Mods:

Completly gutted and rebuilt 4L60E-

•Billet output shaft

•Transgo HD2 shift kit

•Sonnax pinless billet accumulators

•Sonnax billet 2nd and 4th gear servos

•GM 5 pinion planets

•Borg Warner High Energy frictions

•hardened or strengthened everything else.

•Yank 3,000 stall converter

- PCM tune from Nelson performance in texas

- Headers

- Intake

- Exhaust

- Drop shackles

Next up: custom Edlebrock cam and LS2 instake from Trailblazer SS

fS3HVeY.jpg

VqQTOF7.jpg

ne2736Z.jpg

might not look like much but it sure does sound like a perfect sleeper ;)

Tulio or anyone who may know... there are so many neat varieties of South American versions of US cars. How come we don't see them here at car shows? They're certainly within shipping distance, we see Aussie cars at shows here. Is there a trade issue of some sort that prevents the export / import to the USA?

Tulio or anyone who may know... there are so many neat varieties of South American versions of US cars. How come we don't see them here at car shows? They're certainly within shipping distance, we see Aussie cars at shows here. Is there a trade issue of some sort that prevents the export / import to the USA?

I cant post a link because they are PDF file, but scroll down to the link that says for shows

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_import_vehicle

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/287/~/temporarily-importing-a-vehicle,-car-or-engine-into-the-u.s.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/importing_car.xml

I have several vehicles. Daily drivers are a 2005 dodge ram 3500 cummins and a 2011 f150 fx4 luxury pkg. Mods on the cummins are just some bigger tires. The 150 has a lift and bigger tires. My non daily drivers are a bit more radical. I have a blown 97 mustang cobra vert, an 03 modded Mach 1, 3 fox body capris. I also have in the wings a 65 mustang fastback, a 66 gt fastback and a 66 convertible. My crown jewel is my Shelby. 2007 triple black vert that I had converted to a 40th anniversary at Shelby American in Vegas. It's number 267 of 313 and with my options it's 1 of 1 in the registry. I hardly gets driven lol

I have several vehicles. Daily drivers are a 2005 dodge ram 3500 cummins and a 2011 f150 fx4 luxury pkg. Mods on the cummins are just some bigger tires. The 150 has a lift and bigger tires. My non daily drivers are a bit more radical. I have a blown 97 mustang cobra vert, an 03 modded Mach 1, 3 fox body capris. I also have in the wings a 65 mustang fastback, a 66 gt fastback and a 66 convertible. My crown jewel is my Shelby. 2007 triple black vert that I had converted to a 40th anniversary at Shelby American in Vegas. It's number 267 of 313 and with my options it's 1 of 1 in the registry. I hardly gets driven lol

Not true without pics to back it up! ;)

I've had a knocking sound for a few weeks. Started out sounding like a lifter tick. Then it sounded like a mild low end knock, but was intermittent, so I knew it wasn't a rod. Pulled the tranny and found my flex plate cracked

Nl9lTpC.jpg?1

Have the new one already, going back together tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

seeing a build thread on a Tamiya 66 Beetle made me dig out a few old pics of the last Beetle I had back in 1990 , I was driving home from work and I pass a house with a bug for sale , so I stop and take a look , the paint was faded and the running boards and bumpers were bad but the interior was 200% mint , like new , so I had to knock on the door , oh the car had 26,000 miles on it , anyway this old guy was asking , get this , 125 dollars for it and the car was bone dry , no rust or rot , just bad bumpers , so I had a friend at a VW dealership and got a killer deal on parts , new bumpers , running boards door handles hub caps and a few other things , total cost if I recall for all the stuff was 150 dollars ,, so my brother and I spent the weekend repainting the car , material cost for that was 55 dollars , anyway on Monday when the car was finished I took it to the market and when I came out there was a guy waiting and he wanted this car and I didn't want to sell , ( I think he was connected cause he made me an offer I could not refuse ) $3,500.00 ,, stupid me sold it 002-68_zps1951ca29.jpg003-43_zps33dc1c56.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl