Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've got me a 2009 Civic Hybrid Coupe. My first car ever was a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe, and due to smart money saving I was able to get it with only a very small loan. About 3 years after buying it brand new from the dealership, I had it fully paid off. Felt great getting the deed in my hands and not having to pay the monthly payments on it. Then, sadly, a year or so after paying it off I got in a car accident. It was a no-fault accident so I couldn't get the other party to pay for it. The worst part is that where the damage was, the repair cost was more than the value of the car in the eyes of my insurance company, so they totaled it. :( I ended up getting a newer Civic, and a few years after that I traded it in for my Hybrid.

I would LOVE to be able to find a kit of my current Civic Hybrid or the 2003 that my first car was, but I don't think any of those exist. :(

I'd be happy to take that BMW off your hands and prevent further "model drain".

B)

G

WHERE the everlivinglovingheck have you been?

You been MIA, man.

I was just about to send the bloodhounds and Saint Bernies out after you!

Don't be a stranger. (At least no stranger than usual.)

Hope you and the lovely Mrs. G have been well!

B)

WHERE the everlivinglovingheck have you been?

You been MIA, man.

I was just about to send the bloodhounds and Saint Bernies out after you!

Don't be a stranger. (At least no stranger than usual.)

Hope you and the lovely Mrs. G have been well!

B)

I think he went back to St. Louis

Picked this up Saturday from a guy in Ohio, it replaced the '00 LeSabre that I bought from my parents earlier this year. It's a 1993 Pontiac Trans Am, LT1, auto, hardtop (no T-Tops). It had been in his family since new, always garage kept and it has less than 130k miles (driven less than 7k a year)! Just gave it a very thorough wash, wax and detail and she's looking mighty fine now. Just have to fix the pesky dent in the driver's side quarter panel and it will be getting a complete repaint over winter. We'll be getting a winter beater because this TA has never seen snow, we're gonna keep it that way LOL. I'm looking for some advice on some good performance mods for it, we'll be doing that over winter as well. This is so much better than our previous FWD "econobarge" LOL :D

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

Edited by TurboKitty

those are a given, I'm probably going to get the K&N CAI but I'm trying to decide between a Magnaflow, Borla, Edelbrock, or a couple other exhaust systems. Might go with a 4" exhaust, definitely getting some Pacesetter longtube headers, an offroad Y pipe, and some slightly larger wheels & tires. I'm going to redo the interior as well, definitely the headliner since it sags a little LOL. Are '98+ Trans Am honeycomb taillights a direct replacement? I don't really like the "Lego" block look of the '93-'97s.

I think he went back to St. Louis

And Chicago, and Coal Valley, and Omaha, and Estes Park. etc etc etc

My Father in Law passed just before we were to leave for St Louis. So I airmailed MrsG to Chicago, drove to the 'Lou, watched baby girl graduate, then drove to Chicago for the funeral, spending a week with relatives. Left there on the 80 visiting in laws on the way. I made 11 states in two weeks of straight driving interrupted only by the week in Antioch.

How this plays into this thread one may ask? Well before our "artist emeritus" gets his panties bunched again, I will mention my '05 Town Car. 3400+ miles, rain, rain and more frikkin' rain, bugs and my 2year old nephew never made this champ miss a beat.

Why, oh why, FoMoCo chose to eliminate this car from Lincoln's lineup is totally beyond me. I averaged 26mpg overall with a 5350 lb car, and did it in style.

;)

G

I'd go Borla, that's what I have on my GA. Gives it a nice sound (more like a tuner on mine), yours would probably rumble.

I've got a Magnaflow 2.5" in and out oval on Cherokee with a chopped open airbox and K&N panel filter and it does sound good behind that big 4.0l I-6, Wouldn't mind the new Corsa/MOPAR cat back for the Pentastar equipped Avenger and 200 on mine, it does.sound goooood in the video clips I've seen.

And Chicago, and Coal Valley, and Omaha, and Estes Park. etc etc etc

My Father in Law passed just before we were to leave for St Louis. So I airmailed MrsG to Chicago, drove to the 'Lou, watched baby girl graduate, then drove to Chicago for the funeral, spending a week with relatives. Left there on the 80 visiting in laws on the way. I made 11 states in two weeks of straight driving interrupted only by the week in Antioch.

How this plays into this thread one may ask? Well before our "artist emeritus" gets his panties bunched again, I will mention my '05 Town Car. 3400+ miles, rain, rain and more frikkin' rain, bugs and my 2year old nephew never made this champ miss a beat.

Why, oh why, FoMoCo chose to eliminate this car from Lincoln's lineup is totally beyond me. I averaged 26mpg overall with a 5350 lb car, and did it in style.

;)

G

Sorry to hear of your loss. Pass our condolences (thoughts & prayers, too) along to Mrs. G.

However, Glad you made the trip healthy, comfortable and well ... glad you're back. We missed your singular style.

B)

those are a given, I'm probably going to get the K&N CAI but I'm trying to decide between a Magnaflow, Borla, Edelbrock, or a couple other exhaust systems. Might go with a 4" exhaust, definitely getting some Pacesetter longtube headers, an offroad Y pipe, and some slightly larger wheels & tires. I'm going to redo the interior as well, definitely the headliner since it sags a little LOL. Are '98+ Trans Am honeycomb taillights a direct replacement? I don't really like the "Lego" block look of the '93-'97s.

Might want to look at the Gibson exhaust as lomg as your looking. I had a 3" cat back system put on my F-150 and it sounds great.

Guest Darkside Customs

Mine.... Still on the west coast.... Need to fly out sometime and pick it up and bring it back home...

97da8bd2.jpg

Michelle,

I have a 1994 Roadmaster with the LT-1 in it. About now, your Opti-Spark, assuming it's original, is going to start to have trouble in all likelihood. If the car starts running like it has dead cylinders, skipping, idles poorly, or similar issues, the Opti-Spark has begun to pick up water and/or oil, and believe me when I say this is not a fun job.

I have been told that in an F-Body, figure at least 6-8 hours to do it because of the tight confines. You'll need to remove the water pump, and I think in your case, the radiator to get enough space to work. After doing that, the Opti-Spark distributor is located behind the water pump. You'll need to remove the distributor, and change the seals behind it. If the Opti-Spark has picked up any moisture or other contamination, it will need to be at the very minimum, re-gasketed, usually, it will need to be replaced.

I would recommend using an MSD or Accel replacement part for several reasons, one of which being they seal much better, and the other being they are considerably less money than the AC-Delco replacemnt (about half the cost, or less.)

A company called Delteq makes an adaptor that will allow you to re-route the ignition cables to a set of Northstar-style ignition coils. This system, apparently, lengthens the life of the Opti-Spark unit by reducing the voltage going through the unit. It unquestionably makes service easier, but the distributor must be properly functioning to install this unit, so you might as well do it before changing it over.

You can find the system here. http://www.delteq.com/

Not cheap, but appears to be an effective long-term solution.

Nice find on that Firebird.

Charlie Larkin