Model Cars Magazine Forum

Datsun 240Z `1971 Safari Rally Winner´

Hayabusa

@Foxer - Thanks, glad you like the weathering.

@Zarana-X - The Datsun 240Z is a really cool rally car. This is the first 240Z I´ve huilt, but from what I´ve heard it´s the best. It was a troublefree build and it has some nice details. The body captures the look of the real car, I think. The only thing I could have wished for, was a motor. But, you can´t have it all...

Very nice, do you plan on building up the base so the car has something to sit on?

I've been working on the same 240 and a Stratos. Both are really good kits, but weathering is not my strong point so I'm a bit squeemish dirty-ing them up.

Revell did a nice 240Z with a motor. Both are nice but I actually think Revell did a slightly better job on their kit as far as building goes, both look great built.

Thanks for all the kind comments :) .

@Aaronw - Yes, I plan to make something out of that base. Nothing fancy, just a simple roadsection. Even if you keep it simple it will enhance the total impression quite a bit.

The weathering was great fun, actually. In my opinion, it makes the car look a lot more "alive". I also build AFV´s and on those models the weathering is really the final touch.

The Hasegawa Stratos seems to be a great kit of an awesome rally car. Are you doing a WIP on these models?