Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wats with the Google advertisements?

Guest Johnny

No ads on the latest version of Firefox. Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer. I stopped using IE 8yrs ago and have allot less software issues and pop ups disappeared as soon as I switched.

The only issue I have not figured out is why I cannot sign in on EBAY on Firefox???

No script errors and other issues that I had with IE though!

The only issue I have not figured out is why I cannot sign in on EBAY on Firefox???

No script errors and other issues that I had with IE though!

Now that is odd, do you get any error message's when you try to log in to the bay?

Nobody should still be using IE. There are so many better browsers out there. Using IE is like driving a Model T in 2012.

That should be the post of the day, amen Harry, preach it :lol: :lol: ;)

There should be no pop-ups at all.

The Google Ads are a static java script, that should show up on the Index Page only.

If you have a pop up, it is more likely than not from using a Proxy Server.

The Google Ads are a test, to see how they do.

Still playing with the sizes, look, etc.

Nobody should still be using IE. There are so many better browsers out there. Using IE is like driving a Model T in 2012.

I work at home and have to use IE for some programs. They are only made to work in IE. :blink: (In keeping with that Harry said, that's craziness!) For the others and personal use I exclusively use Firefox.

I just can't get the original right hand column with birthdays etc to come up at all now. Not a big deal though. I collapse them anyway when viewing.

At least we now have affirmation that the bots haven't taken over the site. AND it's pretty smart having the ads somehere they do their financial job but, we don't have to do anything we aren't used to as far as getting them off our screen.

Edited by Skydime

I use Firefox and have never seen these.

Charlie Larkin

Is yours set to keep you logged in? I have mine set to stay remembered but clear everything when I log out. I have to for work. If you haven't seen it, Id suggest not logging out if you don't want to.

Guest G Holding

If you don't like the ads...use a proxy server....You will lose other features, but no ads....

I don't care for proxy servers, but from work it can be the only way to get here, to a "hobby" site