Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi there !

Hello,

I don't know if you have a presentation section, so I post here...

My name's Pierre-Emile, but everybody call me Piero. I live in southern France, and scale modelling is one of my favourite hobbies !

I like to build junkers and dioramas... I'm better in wrecks than show cars :D

Of course I'll post pictures of my cars and dioramas...

My other great passion is cars... 1:1 scale ! I've got a '70 Chevelle, bought in California in 2011.

Thanks to read me.

Cheers B)

Thanks everybody... Yes, gas is gold here... that's why I can't drive my Chey everyday... but passion is stronger than economy ! So yes, if I put a lot of money in the tank, when I put the pedal to the metal and hear the magical sound of the V8... I forgot everything and enjoy ! I'll show you some pictures... ;)

Hello there!

I think MCM is becoming more international than most people realise.

Also, US Cars and Hot Rods are more popular in France than most people realise.

Have you checked out this forum: http://koolestkruzers.smileyforum.net/

Regarding the cost of petrol

- whoever has to worry about it, is not in the market for a '70 Chevelle in the first place, no matter where he lives.

- such cars are cherished collectors items in Europe, driven on special occasions, therefore racking up maybe 2-3000 miles a year, if that much. For such a low mileage, the cost of petrol is not that significant. If you have to drive 50k miles a year, you have a company turbodiesel.

Your totally right... Gas is very expensive, but pleasure doesn't got a price !

I've forgotten bad engines ( diesel ) a few years ago... Now I only drive gasoline cars, not cheap, but better ! I've also got a typical french car of the 70's, a Renault 4, but at my sauce... rat rod !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ! Just a message for those who have a facebook account. If you like to build dioramas or junkers model cars, there is a photo contest for you !

Send us a picture of your best build, the guys will vote, and the winner will have his picture as cover of the page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301481529958267&set=a.190848134354941.34266.190577497715338&type=1&theater

18528_301481529958267_1454359976_n.jpg

Oh so... I would like to have a president like yours ! :D:rolleyes: