Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Open wide and say Aaaaaaaaaaah....

pic005.jpg

Wooden tongue depressers.

Oh wait, they aren't tongue depressers. They are 1:25 scale surfboard blanks, that's what they are!

The De Soto is for size reference:

pic006.jpg

They are exactly 21 scale inches wide. Perfect!

Oh look what came today, why its another ferrari kit, yeah, I have no idea why I keep buying ferrari kits, well this one was a good deal, with shipping was under $20 from ebay

I also got my repaired ECU back for my 1:1 car, now its back in service after close to five months of just sitting. I am happy, now just have to take to emissions

f1-3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

well guys I hadn't have the chance to post the items I got last week. It was a nice week, deals at Michaels and a stop by a LHS. I was so excited since my wife got me... I better let the pics do the job <ahttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> http://i1240.photobu...ay/IMG_2544.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg499/hedgehog0828/what%20I%20got%20today/IMG_2545.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg499/hedgehog0828/what%20I%20got%20today/IMG_2548.jpg

My wife gave me my first airbrush which is a Badger Anthem and an air compressor as well. She also got me a bunch of tools between those I got a buffing and polishing kit, a couple of Alclad paints for my chrome parts, a Flex-I-File kit and a Chrysler 300 kit from revell. I picked the car kit to make a present for my wife since I know it's one of her favorite cars.

Edited by Hedgehog

I got these 2 kits at Panther Hobbies last Friday...

models2012whatigottodayjune152.jpg

...great place, new Mustang was $22 + tax and the '69 Shelby GT-500 was opened but $14 + tax.

Both kits will be SCCeh'd, I was going to strip a built '69 Shelby but now I don't have to!

Bob

Edited by turn1wonder

Got my Subaru BRZ and some Aoshima wheels from HLJ today (they included a package of Japanese chips)...got a Missing Link resin '69 Cutlass convertible a couple days ago, and an AMT '11 Camaro Indy Pace Car promo.

Edited by Rob Hall

I actually found some Tamiya spray paint at my local Hobbytown !!! Loaded up while the gettin was good !! Thought it was a mirage and about had a heart attack !!!! However I came down to earth a bit when I couldn't find the ts13 clear though...... :wacko:

Got my Subaru BRZ and some Aoshima wheels from HLJ today (they included a package of Japanese chips)...got a Missing Link resin '69 Cutlass convertible a couple days ago, and an AMT '11 Camaro Indy Pace Car promo.

I pre ordered the Aoshima FT86, have you look through the kit yet?, any thoughts on it ?

Edited by martinfan5

Picked up the Revell Lamborghini Countach LP500. Two bottles of Testor's/Boyd's Orange Pearl and Tamiya Clear Orange spray. The tires in the kit, well I can't say what I'd like, but they're terrible. They're cheap and look undersized. So, I need to find some better ones. Rims too probably.

Picked up one of my grail kits!!! AMT "The General" 1/25 Steam Locomotive.

Also picked up some 1/24 - 1/25 scale 2-bar diamond plate stryene sheet, 7 1/2" x 12" x .020" in a pack of two sheets for $6.99 at Hobby Lobby. Paid $4.50 with tax and 40% coupon. Plastruct goes for $10 for 2 sheets 2"x4".

Edited by Wayne's World

Just found it for $12.50 usually you come across the best deals when your not looking lol

That is true, I saw another one when I got mine for around $11, there are same size sets going for $9.99 still

Edited by martinfan5

This:

5L75W15Fd3G53M53F2c65c7a0726fcee617b4.jpg

Nice little truck. It's old but I like the body style. I've been looking for an '86-'92 supercab. (No carburetors for me). 1986 2.9liter V-6/auto. Runs good, a/c is all-new, converted to R134. Very clean and I got a good deal on it; traded a pre-'64 Winchester Model 70 and some cash. Will be a cool vehicle to mess around with.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...