Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pictures of your kit collections (waiting to be built)

I'll play, I have about 200 kits between cars and figures. Not as many as some guys, but still more than I need. I enjoy looking at other people's collections for some reason, I think it reminds me that I don't have as many as I thought. I also like seeing how other people store their kits and organized or disorganized they are. I also really enjoy the workbench threads too. I guess I'm kinda weird. Here's a photo of my stash:

Stash201311_zpsca05f6fa.jpg

Guess I'll add my little stash to the thread. At one time I had over a thousand unbuilts, then I decided I was going to sell most of what I had and buy a Harley. Now I could kick myself, so I'm slowly building up a collection again. This is what I've gotten over the past few years. Not much, but somehow the stack keeps growing!

kits.JPG

So there went my kit money! I wish I had never done it and kept my kits.

I once sold my 1960 Buick Electra 2 door hardtop for funds to restore my 1965 Barracuda. My daughter's college tuition was due.. and irony, it was the exact amount of cash I had! I guess I can't complain. It went to a good cause and was a good investment.

I'll play, I have about 200 kits between cars and figures. Not as many as some guys, but still more than I need. I enjoy looking at other people's collections for some reason, I think it reminds me that I don't have as many as I thought. I also like seeing how other people store their kits and organized or disorganized they are. I also really enjoy the workbench threads too. I guess I'm kinda weird. Here's a photo of my stash:

Stash201311_zpsca05f6fa.jpg

Very neat organized stash Ron..

• 1 month later...

These pics are a couple years old, slowed down a bit on acquisitions since but have a few more. Much of what I've gotten recently are older built up annuals stored in plain boxes so not really pictured

I like how you have the collection organised. Mine....not so much.

Hey guys just wanted to share duple pics of my model's so far. I came back to this hobby April of last year and started collecting kit that looked good that others had build, hope you enjoy

My 1/12

DSC03474.jpg

My 1/24

DSC03475.jpg

I want one of those BMW kits. My father built one (as well as several other large scales including but not limited to the Martini Porsche) and it is one i only hope to build myself.

Man, I wish Ben Franklins and Micheals had 1/100th of what some of you guys have!

I'll post a pic of my meager collection. I also just bought a Moebius '55 Chrysler 300M and a Johan '62 300M that haven't arrived yet. The '62 is open with a couple missing pieces. I got it on ebay- probably from one of you guys!

If these things were $10 instead of $20 - $30 each I'd have a hell of alot more. Prices are ridiculous now so I have to REALLY want one to buy it these days.

Somebody asked why so many. For me and my "teeny tiny" collection, it's a matter of having plenty of choices when it's time to build another one without having to go out and find one, because it depends on what mood I'm in when it's time to start one. Plus I enjoy looking at all hte boxes almost as much as the finished ones.

the ones on the upper shelf are all 100% complete and not started. Most are still wrapped. The ones on the lower shelf are either done or have parts cars or parts, not necessarily what's on the cover. In the Dexter shoe box is a 1/16 T-bird in need of restoration.

post-13086-0-57769100-1389006863_thumb.j

Edited by fun9c1

DSCF0242_zps5c121577.jpg

The closet is a deep one...4 kits deep.

DSCF0241_zps59ff0121.jpg

afew boxes stacked up to the ceiling

DSCF0247_zpsa0bc51f4.jpg

might as well show the other side of the room while i'm at it, got that paint stand and about $1000 worth of paint, cans and bottled as well as 30 bottles of glue, 20 white / grey cans of primer and a few dozen jars of textured diorama paint. They decided a year before to get out of the model side of the hobby business, so i had been going in and buying cans of Tamiya paint, primer and clear at $5 each. Walked in one day and she asked me if I wanted to take it away! All I had to do way buy the 3 cans i went in there for at full price.

DSCF0245_zpseef15f8a.jpg

These kits barely scratch the surface. I have dozens of boxes in my store room.

Sweet room!

After I got back into the hobby in the early 80s, kits were still cheap and I started buying them two of each kit. This is my model storage clost it s 14' X 6", what you dont see is that most of these boxes contain two of the same kit. In an effort to make more space I open and repack the box with two kits. theres over 700 kits here.

Wow! That is a room I would love to have!