Model Cars Magazine Forum

UPS FedEx USPS

CrazyGirl

The only time I used FedEx is the International Express that HobbyLink Japan offers, and almost always - unless it's coming in over a weekend - they manage to deliver it a day before the tracking says it's supposed to be here. 3 days from Japan, the world's a lot smaller than it used to be.

The only time I used FedEx is the International Express that HobbyLink Japan offers, and almost always - unless it's coming in over a weekend - they manage to deliver it a day before the tracking says it's supposed to be here. 3 days from Japan, the world's a lot smaller than it used to be.

Same here, my last order from HLJ I did, it shipped out of Japan on Friday, and on Monday, FedEx was ringing my door bell, but the tracking showed a Wednesday delivery date.

Yes, I do.

I have been buying and selling on eBay since 2006 and have bought and sold probably close to 1500 items. I always check my shipments coming in. In those years I had zero problems. Not one missed package or "missent" delivery. In the last month I have had two packages delivered to wrong zip codes. I have no idea how the USPS manages that. One is still MIA, the other arrived a day later. Is that part of the "sequestration" penalty? ;)

Could just be regression to the mean...

I always check to be sure when something is going to arrive. Partly excitement and partly wanting to get it off the doorstep before it melts.

I did have a recent ugly time with a G-Shock watch that I bought new on eBay. The seller sent it immediately, international express mail. It hit the west coast in 2 days and the PO sent it to US Customs. Then nothing for over two weeks. I had called the LA post office that gets international mail, I called US Customs and all told me "nope we don't have it". I emailed the ebay seller and was given some advise, call the PO and Customs, which I had already done. I was just about to file a claim with paypal and/or ebay for the item when the tracking suddenly said ir cleared customs and was at my local PO. I finally got the watch about 30+ days after buying it. I was very happy because it cost nearly $250. The package had never been opened by customs and it had sat somewhere until they finally sent it back to the postal service.

I can't really complain because I was relieved to finally get my watch. It sure scared me though, that is a lot of money to lose.

Guest G Holding

Yea, I think it was called REA Express.

Railroad Express Company.....

38802t.jpg

The latest shipping quirk is FedX and USPS together....fed ex does the long distance and USPS delivers it.

Amazon uses this method, works well , cheap and timely...4 /5 days cross country

FedX smartpost...

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/

Edited by G Holding