Model Cars Magazine Forum

Put away the `Cuda

FASTBACK340

Filled the tank, added stabilizer, put on the winter storage tires, cleaned her, and slid on the cover. A few Bounce dryer sheets in the interior and engine compartment to keep the mice out, and she sleeps now.

G`nite my sweet Mistress...... Now it's time to clean off the model bench. B)

I've heard mothballs and peppermint also will keep the mice away. I've been trusting in hardware cloth to keep the mice out. I can't put it everywhere I need it, so a more comprehensive method is in order. I'm trying to figure out how to keep those deterrrents long-term on my outdoor stored scooter.

Chasing the mouse around my trunk while she was dropping a series of little mice was the last straw.

I gotta do that with my Mustang. I usually already have it done. I'm definitely going to try the dryer sheets!! I've never heard of it and have tried everything. A bar of soap helped last year, but didn't keep them out completely. I left it out last winter and the problem wasn't nearly as bad. I hate cleaning out mouse poop and pee in the Spring!

An old non-politically correct way to kill mice... they are attracted to anti-freeze. People have set a bucket with some in the bottom, and a little mouse ramp up the side. They'll jump in, and drown.

One year at my first house, which had a detached garage, I had a plastic kitchen garbage pail without a lid. It was sitting next to an old tire. In spring I found a dozen dead mice in it, They all must've walked up the tire and jumped in.

An old non-politically correct way to kill mice... they are attracted to anti-freeze. People have set a bucket with some in the bottom, and a little mouse ramp up the side. They'll jump in, and drown.

One year at my first house, which had a detached garage, I had a plastic kitchen garbage pail without a lid. It was sitting next to an old tire. In spring I found a dozen dead mice in it, They all must've walked up the tire and jumped in.

Slick trick. Kill and contain...I'll try it. I've avoided using poison because I didn't want poison-filled mice getting eaten by the neighborhood cats, including mine.

Don't you guys use a battery charger on the battery when storing your car? Or do you start the car once a month and run it for 20-30 minutes?

I have an Optima dry cell, although I do throw a trickle charge on it if I plan on warming it up on a nice winter day. And yes, my timing was perfect. It started snowing a few hours after I closed the garage door.

It sure was nice to go for a final blast!