Model Cars Magazine Forum

Secrets to a long happy marriage

slusher

Coming up on 24 years this August for me and the Mrs. Some of our friends said it wouldn't last because I was wild and crazy and she was a good girl but we have outlasted most of the naysayers! Yes, she has tamed me quite a bit but mostly it is because she has made life great for the both of us and been my biggest supporter.

After 41 years of wedded "Bliss" the only thing I can come up with is Love, back then it was more likely lust, which got us together in the first place, and common interests. Car shows, just about any kind of auto racing, taking trips to places we've seen on TV, just got back from Las Vegas where we visited Pawn Stars and Counting Cars, riding on a motorcycle or in the dune buggy, going to the beach, our kids, grown now but still close, our grand kids, always a source of entertainment and delight, and each other. We've been retired for a while now and still haven't gotten tired of each other.