Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 Dodge Royal Convertible Official Pace Car

mangodart

Hi guys,

here I am in the beginning of the summer with a convertible : a 54 Dodge, started with a R&R resin kit. As usual, it's quite a challenge/nightmare to assemble properly. Anyway it's here, far from perfect but it suits me well.

Wheels are from Modelhaus, chassis is from an AMT 51 Chevy, engine is from the 300 57, with some resin "Red Ram" cover. I've done the two tone chrome trim as was not included in the kit, rear red tailights is from a 59 Impala and cut to fit.

Hope you'll enjoy it :

DSC08161_zps419fa8d4.jpg
DSC08162_zps5efe8691.jpg
DSC08163_zpseb625b69.jpg
DSC08164_zpsf268de21.jpg

Very nice job Emmanuel, that looks great.

I got one of these kits from a guy named Ron Alexander in California and am having issues getting the interior bucket and chassis to properly fit into the body. A lot of grinding with a Dremel is needed. It is a curbside kit and I'm hoping to be able to finish it soon.

Very nice job Emmanuel, that looks great.

I got one of these kits from a guy named Ron Alexander in California and am having issues getting the interior bucket and chassis to properly fit into the body. A lot of grinding with a Dremel is needed. It is a curbside kit and I'm hoping to be able to finish it soon.

Thanks for all these nice comments.

Got the same problem with mine Richard, had to grind the inside of the rear fenders also because the wheels won't pass...

I did not realize that the kit I bought from the guy in CA (on EBAY) was an R & R item. I probably would have passed on it had I known it was an R&R item. I only paid $39 for it and I got it because it was such an unusual car to find in 1/25 scale.

Yep, that's the dilemna with R&R, there are kind of cheap comparing to Modelhaus, and there is also a choice of very unusual models but ther are very difficult to build. Some of them are better mastered, it depends... ;)

Edited by mangodart