Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:The GT40 project New pics 2/13/17

Randy D

Randy.. Holy Smokes Buddy... and I though I was crazy for trying to do a few things on the funny car and you are doing things way smaller. Yow know besides spots they may have reserved for us on the Projects Table at the DSC they may have some straight jackets waiting for us as well lol :lol:. Love your work and I can't wait to see this in person in 3 weeks.

i almost hit report post on you randy :) ... i mean its not normal what you are doing ...making us crazy with this insanity of a build ...!!

i mean the towtruckrod you did was out of this world but now your just stepping it up a few notches ...

alright what i'm saying ... feed us more ...lots more because this stuff is inspiring !!!

Hi Folks,

Bill M, Thank you for commenting:)

Hey Joe,   Thanks buddy!  Got to go find your 'Tumbler' build in the 'All the Rest' section.

Thank you John !

Careful Tim:D  Always appreciate your support.

Hi Bob,  Thank you for that!

Thanks Art!!

Thank you Ron,  you are too kind. 

Hi Pete,  Thank you my friend.

Hey Chris,   Speak for yourself young man! ....okay  , you might have a point.....

Richard, Glad you are enjoying this 'cause I'm having a blast building it!

Thanks Ed,  Very kind of you.  I really like that want list of yours:D

Stephen,   Not quite yet but close!!!!

Bruce, Thanks for your comment!   I probably do look kinda silly working with all the different eyeball help strapped to my head:D.   The one thing that I find myself doing these days is using a 19" monitor  to view photos of my parts as I build them.

Update time...

Building up the u-joints,  ref pic...

My attempt...

I have built up the next section of the trans axle,  made up the oil pump/speedo drive.  Mocked it up with the tires so you can see where we are going with this...

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

I just got caught up on this build and wish I had the words to describe my amazement that is yelling inside my head.........you're not human are you? You are actually one of the computerbots created by Ironman, right? You are an inspiration.

Randy... Holy Crapola... Nice work on those U-Joints. I am super impressed by how small these parts are. Dang man... How do you do it?? You may have to teach me at the DSC...lol That is some crazy goodness going on with this build. Keep up the great work!!