Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

Wow! Great progres! I like your turbos...

Thanks Jose

They were one of those things you think you can make , and halfway thru you look down at the tiny pieces in your hands and say ...

"WTH am I doing"!.....Those are 6 pieces of plastic and solder, scraped, thinned, warmed, rolled, reamed, glued,drilled,sanded,....

:blink:

Now for the fun bit of running all the lines

They were one of those things you think you can make , and halfway thru you look down at the tiny pieces in your hands and say ...

"WTH am I doing"!.....Those are 6 pieces of plastic and solder, scraped, thinned, warmed, rolled, reamed, glued,drilled,sanded,....

:blink:

Yea, like $50 worth of labor there! :) I think the same thing when I spend an evening making some tiny little part.

Ferrari 250 GTO

The plastic hinges have been replaced with "standard" brass ones. I really like how well the hood fits on this.

hood%20DSC_1523_zpsbfiilmog.jpg

hinges%20DSC_1524_zpsitwmwbje.jpg

I decided to try some ferrules to replace the thick kit intake pipes after some suggestions on a thread here. I was able to order some in the exact size of the largest and smallest diameters of the kit ones but they will have to be shortened. I'm debating how I will do this as they are very thin, but they look more realistic than the kit ones. I think I'll have to flatten the bell which seems to have been done on the 1:1 according to photos online.

ferrules%20DSC_1525_zpsz2jt7hi0.jpg

Sign me up with a 1969 camaro, dont worry, it`ll be beat up alright

Also can we alter interior apperance? Like fuel cells and cages?

Of course. The trick is, to make it unnoticeable.

First update-

attachicon.gifKINDLE_CAMERA_1423120654000.jpg

The doors are cut open an the engine is a Ferrari Enzo V-10

Per the rules on Page 1, we need to see a pic of the unstarted kit or whatever pile-o-parts you're using.

My project is in stall mode at the moment. I scored a '69 Jeepster buildup and couldn't wait to start on it. Everything's ready for primer. It'll just be painting and detailing when I get back to it.

This is one of those times, Michael, when modeling is a very small matter. I'm sure you lost things more precious. My GF lost everything but family and animals in a house fire so I understand your loss. However, if modeling helps bring some normalcy back, then all the better.