Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 71 Ranger Pickup

Daf57

RE: the missing stock bumper from the 69 F100...

.I contacted Moebius.... they say they have nothing to do the the Model King version (!)

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Burket (Model King) but recieved no response.

Moebius WILL however sell me the bumper from the 71 for $2.95 !

Do companies that refuse to provide what their products clearly claim to contain deserve our $$?

I am very disappointed that they intend to operate in this fashion.....

Edited by mike 51

Shows the direction of the hobby. Back in the day the target audience would have been under 18 years old. The modeling hobby demographic has got to get younger.

Future demographic chiming in here, I'd build it but I'm not as motivated to as other kits. Still looks like an excellent kit that I wouldn't mind picking up sometime.

I would wait on Mr Burket, moebius can send him the missing part. Which shouldn't cost you anything.

I was as much surprised at their response as I was disappointed..

I've made a trade for bumpers with a board member with the opposite problem, so it's ok for (just) us now. In the meanwhile, I'm busy sanding off all the extra trim that also didn't match the box art.

But even with these issues (and the too wide headlight doors and turn signals that can't be easily fixed) I'm still happy to have the kit.....

most people,I think, will like these kits ...and hopefully future variations will address some of the minor problems with the kit and how it's packaged.

Edited by mike 51

Regarding the rear bumper in the '69 kit. I am the guy who tells China which parts go in the kit box.

As far as I was aware the kit was to have a step bumper ONLY. What we apparently have, here, is a falure in communication.

Box art for that kit was done for Model King by their artist, he had a test shot with both bumpers along with some other parts that were not to be included in the build-up. While our guy did the instruction sheet which only shows the step bumper!

Apparently somewhere along the way Model King's builder and graphics artist was told that the kit would include both bumpers.

If I was informed of this or I was the guy who said that, I don't recall. (Please remember that this project has been on going for over two years so it is possible that I was told but I just don't remember!)

When I got box art it was only a set of files for submittal to the licensor. I did not see that the box art included both bumpers.

SO the Model King '69 short bed kit only has the step bumper, as that's the way I understood the kit specification from the beginning of the project, and that's what I told China what to put in the box.

This is not a case of somebody making promises they refuse to keep, rather it's a case of misunderstanding between the guy doing box art and myself.

The '69 kit only has the step bumper while the '71 only has the chrome "stock" bumper.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

So Dave, you're saying we can't expect to see the parts shown on the box to be in the box, because,by gosh, there was a "misunderstanding".

I guess I "misunderstood" why there's pictures and writing on the box ..too?

Well that's clear enough... :mellow:

Your customer service attendant tells me you folks will happily sell me the bumper I already paid for though.

No thanks, I'm not in the habit of paying for something twice.

Edited by mike 51

So Dave, you're saying we can't expect to see the parts shown on the box to be in the box, because,by gosh, there was a "misunderstanding".

Where is the chrome rear bumper shown on the box? One caption does read: "chrome bumpers"; that's the only error in the box art. "Optional step bumper" is a correct caption; it is "optional" as opposed to no rear bumper at all, which is the way a lot of these trucks were delivered back in the day.

Where is the chrome rear bumper shown on the box? One caption does read: "chrome bumpers"; that's the only error in the box art. "Optional step bumper" is a correct caption; it is "optional" as opposed to no rear bumper at all, which is the way a lot of these trucks were delivered back in the day.

The stock bumper (painted white) is shown in TWO different pictures ON the box.

Yes,the step bumper was "optional" on real trucks..but that's not the context here.

The box refers to 2 stock bumperS (both chrome) and an "optional" step bumper.

I just wanted what was shown AND described to be in the box...

Edited by mike 51

Your customer service attendant tells me you folks will happily sell me the bumper I already paid for though.

While you might not like the explanation, I think Dave made it clear as to why it happened.

Get over it, build the dang model and quit complaining.

Find something worthwhile to channel your energy into, because continuing to rail on about the subject isn't going to change a thing.

OK. Since it apparently only bothered me..that's the end of it for me.

I am building it....I've got all the extra trim sanded off and a new IFS fitted and I have a bumper coming from one of the members here.

Edited by mike 51

I think they shouldn't have offered the kit in the first place, since is upset you so much.

You would have been happier.