Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 Rare Vettes

Porscheman

Nice job on the Corvettes!

There have been a few resin bodies of these in 1/25th over the years but no one gets the Waldorf Nomad right! They always use the 53 corvette as a base and a nomad roof. The actual Waldorf Nomad was built on a standard chevy chassis and was a taller car through the sides. The roof on the actual car looked slightly chopped too. The few attempts I have seen in 1/25th have a short body and a tall roof! I see that Provence missed out on the body height but did do a good job on the roof.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the links to this - how could i missed it?

This Corvettes are awesome. i also wished, they built them in 1/25 scale. My brother and a good friend of my german forum are building them scratch. Loooong progress...hope they will finish soon.

My brother choosed the Corvmad, based on a 55 Nomad and bashed the corvetteparts, If it is allowed...

P1080809.JPG

P1080952.JPG

If there is a problem with the pictures in your Thread, i will remove them!

Didn't knew, that they were available in 1/43. Cool cars.

What Paul and Lee said.

Both quite nice! (Even better given the small scale involved.)

PS: Lee, the Motorama cars were built and displayed in 1953 and 1954. "Corvair" was the name selected for the fastback (obviously many years before the 1960 compact). The name was well received by the public during the Motorama shows, so it was one of many monikers considered for the 'new' compact.

Now, decades after ten years of production of the compact economy car ceased, it seems strange that the 'Corvair' name was attached to a Corvette concept/show car, but the 'Vette had the name long before the little production Chevy used it.

Thank you Al - this copper one looks beuatiful! I also never seen one, but i will take an eye of it. Perhaps some day...

r 'n d Unique did both a 1/25 scale Nomad & Corvair in resin some years back but I suspect they are both hard to find today. Unfortunately 1/43 is too small for my old eyes.

Robert, i have one of this resin nomad i think. It is terrible. I will search for a picture, if it is o.k. to post it again.