Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cal-Look Bug - Back Again! 2015.5.20

That's probably just as well, because the Webers fron the Z car kit are 40 DCOE SIDE-drafts, and most every bug you'll see is running DOWN-drafts. They're not the same, Mount a side-draft as a down-draft and all the gas runs out. Uh oh. :o

Yeah, I thought of that right as soon as I learned that they wouldn't fit. Kinda like a silver lining, I guess. Maybe I'll just scratch one when I make the intake.

That's the Revell Kit right? I thought it came with a couple of Webbers that look like they could be 48 IDA's. I ran 48's on my last (overly modified) Bug, with the right air filters they fit under the hood/bonnet of a '57 oval window. The only lame part of the Revell Bugs engine that needs some real work is its exhaust, the Myres Manx or Gasser Bug can be made to work if you have headers laying around from either kit. Wheels http://www.finksgarage.com has some nice VW oriented wheels four for $8 resin cast. Overall I Like the direction you're heading with this one.

Yep, this is the Revell kit. It's a reboxed ROG kit. If you couldn't tell by it being molded so nicely, when you look at every little Baggie inside the box, it says "(parts) made in Poland." Every one of them. For a minute, I was looking at dry-transfers in the LHS, and was thinking of putting "Made in Poland" in old English script on the rear. :lol:

Might be getting some of those Randar wheels from Finks. Have some leftover Porsche decals that I may put on them, but planning what to do with something I might not get...

And now, update!

post-13841-0-97144300-1428489909_thumb.j

First time doing embossing powder carpet. The driver's one looks a tiny bit grainier than the other, but when it's further away and with the seats and all in place, you don't notice it.

Yep, this is the Revell kit. It's a reboxed ROG kit. If you couldn't tell by it being molded so nicely, when you look at every little Baggie inside the box, it says "(parts) made in Poland." Every one of them. For a minute, I was looking at dry-transfers in the LHS, and was thinking of putting "Made in Poland" in old English script on the rear. :lol:

or you might make a Decal for these guys ;)http://www.prdaracing.com

later that same Morning...... There's a pair of 1/24 scale PRDA Decals in the Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8B #5004 Oscar Koveleski / Tony Adamowicz Kit

Edited by Crazy Ed

So, I couldn't figure out exactly how to order from Finks Garage, so I'm looking at other wheels online. About ready to prime the body, but I have a sneaking feeling the grill vents need more putty.

Got some Watanabe wheels instead, Fujimi 17" ones. Also got some Gofer license plate decals, but they'll be here in about a week or so; the wheels come next month. :wacko:

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

Wheels! Tires! Olè!

image.jpg1_zpsxs0gyxlg.jpg

Tires that came with the Watanabes are Pirellis... but they're wayyyy too big. I'll save them for when I make a Fiat slalom car some day.

Chopped the rear of the rims down and put them into these tires from a '34 Ford diecast.

image.jpg2_zpspygyy22w.jpg

Look at how much I had to cut from these!

image.jpg3_zpsisefyt8m.jpg

And, a little mock-up.

image.jpg4_zpsiptpz7qv.jpg

Have to drop the spindles for the wheels to look right.