Model Cars Magazine Forum

Misfit Ford rod

exesivefire

This poor thing never really knows what it wants to be.. The only thing consitiant so far has been the engine I plan to use (SVO 4 banger from the 1:24 monogram/revell kit.

Started as a roadster pickup

DSC08995_zpsf606247d.jpg

then I made some progress on the chassis, stretched it out a bit and found a Jimmy Flintstone body

DSC09141_zpsf4e1ab3d.jpg

DSC09143_zps5848d287.jpg

DSC09093_zps27c4ada6.jpg

and then the project stalled... I liked the coupe body, but never really was pleased with the proportions. I couldn't figure it out.

Recently I picked up a old 30 body as part of a gluebomb kit for $2!! I cleaned it up a bit and gave it a shot, I think we are on to something now!

5C441BFC-6575-4CFD-8909-DDCF018F5D5E_zps

62449B9E-352B-43F3-A152-2D433C396877_zps

Progress will be slow as I have a few other big projects going on, but this will be a good one to tinker with when I need a break from the others.

hmm i dig it !! i must say the chopped 5-window coupe also looks good to me ..

just my thoughts on the looks > i felt with the 5-window chopped body i could see it shiney and all painted nicely ..

the non chopped green body .. i see more in a weathered look .. maybe weathered paint and a faded logo on the door ..

just what the pics made me think of

I love it! Is that chassis scratch built?

Yes it is.

hmm i dig it !! i must say the chopped 5-window coupe also looks good to me ..

just my thoughts on the looks > i felt with the 5-window chopped body i could see it shiney and all painted nicely ..

the non chopped green body .. i see more in a weathered look .. maybe weathered paint and a faded logo on the door ..

just what the pics made me think of

I might do a milder chop on the 30.. not sure yet.

Either that or find a replicas and miniatures body maybe? save the full roof for something? I know I don't really like how aggressive the chop is on the flintstone body

I'd chop it. but not as harsh as the JF body.

BTW, the frame is amazing. I really like the design of it. Where did you get the rear crossmember over top of the axle, and even the axle itself?

Crossmember is from the 29, I just drilled it.

Rear axle is the pumpkin from a 32 with rod for the axle shafts

I like the Stock Roof Height, just setting there with nothing else done it reminds me so much of an early 60's East Coast Hot Rod. They used to Channel them so low that they had to leave a little on the top or else they couldn't get in them let alone drive!

For more information on East Coast Style Hot Rods check out "Roddinig and Re-styling" there are a couple other East Coast Rodding magazines, but "Rodding and Re-styling" is the easiest and cheapest to find at swap meets or on eBay.

Have fun with this one, has the potential to be way cool!!!