Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Fighter, Bad News, Quicksilver, Bad Actor

Jantrix

Please post up your Tom Daniels '60 Chevy creations. I've a red glass, Bad News version that I'm planning and I'd like to see what others have done with the kit.

My plans so far is to replace the glass top with cloth, add a 1/24 427 BBC w/tunnel ram/ and shorten the body by a quarter inch right behind the rear wheels.

I'm looking for some clear glass if anyone has some to trade.

I finished this one around Christmas. I didn't like the tilt front-end, so I glued the dog-house on and cut the hood out. Also filled in the sun-roof and shaved the roof ribs. That's about it. Rims are from an old Monogram Z/28 kit.

Still not crazy about the tail-light panel on these, but at the time I wasn't sure what to do about it. I'd change that if I were gonna build another one.

I'm interested to see how yours turns out. These things have a ton of potential for mods.

DSC_2792.jpg

60chevysedangrill.jpg

60chevysedanmotor.jpg

60chevysedanside.jpg

Edited by atomicholiday

Thanks guys!

Stephen, I know what you mean. Looks tiny in that huge engine bay. Lots of room to stick something else in there.

I wasn't too worried about it because I used this kit just to get me back into the hobby. But like the tail-lights, I'd probably do something else under the hood if I were building it now.

Those wheels look like the ones off of a Monogram 69 Z28 kit I built once. Great looking build BTW there Jeremy!

Yup! This was the kit they came from:

I know some people didn't like this version due to in-accuracies. But I loved it. I have two built-ups that I did as a kid that I plan to redo at some point.

$_57.JPG

Edited by atomicholiday

Thanks Rob, it's a modified grill form a scrap JADA '60 Impala diecast I had laying in the parts box. That's also where I scavenged the rear panel from. The dash was scratch built using the kit dash and the instrument bezels from the AMT kit.

Mike, you absolutely read my mind. Check my original post and you'll see that's absolutely on the docket.

Not sure how you feel about body mods Rob, but I've always wanted to see somebody lop about a scale foot off the back.

(Thanks atomic holiday, hope you don't mind if I use this as an example.)

post-5362-0-47851800-1430583167_thumb.jp

Resin Jimmy Flintstone piece. W.I.P.

Body only ...no glass, chrome, chassis or hood.

Turned the side body reveals into scoops and added styrene spears to mimick the front fender trim.New hood made and a parts stash screw bottom ('58 ?) X chassis modified to fit.Scored a '60 Elkie interior. Ordered glass from the Modelhaus.