Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Countdown - What's in it for you?

Nitrozilla

Good to meet you too, Danno. I really enjoyed hearing about Bob Peeples and his Cobras, and seeing some of his fine work up close. Very moving.

Fabrizio - congratulations on your first GSL - you really made a splash! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

This was my fifth time at GSL, and for some reason it made me think of how far I've come: the first time around (2005) I didn't know anyone and felt kinda out of place - now it's an opportunity for me to reconnect with old friends and a chance to get to know folks better. I had a very hectic but enjoyable weekend, now I'm having GSL withdrawal. 2017 will be here sooner than we think - gotta get busy on finishing some builds.

Hello.......If I may take a moment to thank the whole staff at GSL 2015 for putting on a fantastic 25th GSL........It was great to see so many friends and to meet new ones.......I am sooooo happy for my "Little Brother" Chris Sobak aka "Mooneeys" his first trip to GSL and he got 2nd for his Roadster and Best Of Class with his dragster........Art Laski and I took Chris`s models home for him because he had no room left to take them on the plane with him ........and he had no idea that I would take some pictures of his winning models and post them here.........so these are Chris`s models that won ........Congrat`s Chris well deserved "Little Brother".........and congrat`s to all the other winners.

DSCF0078_zpszaqy57ts.jpg

DSCF0087_zpssolpd78k.jpg

DSCF0030_zpszglbz8qo.jpg

DSCF0021_zpseye0tkad.jpg

DSCF0033_zpsmiz7nas8.jpg

IMG_0046_zpswmv1ybvu.jpg

DID SOMEONE SAY GSL 2017

Was very nice to meet Art Larski, and Randy with is fantastic brass work. Little bit at time I remember all the name... :D

Fabrizio - congratulations on your first GSL - you really made a splash! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Thank you Steve, looking forward to see you too in 2017...

Close ups of Chris: Not beautiful.

:lol::lol:

LOL!!!

Edited by Brizio

John... Wow Brother... I can't thank you enough for taking pics at your famous Picture location. It's an honor to have you take them there. I know you were saying you were going to reveal a secret project soon and I didn't know it was going to be this. I was thinking it was going to be the next kit you are going to build. Thank you so much man!!

Clayton... Thank you.

Cars: Beautiful.

Close ups of Chris: Not beautiful.

:lol::lol:

Danno... I can't stop laughing. I think that picture broke Johns iphone.... LOL

Art... Sad thing was that was taken before the awards.... haha

Fabrizio... I think you need to market the scale smoke by packaging that stuffing in a little bag...lol my dog has torn up a fair share of his toys and I never thought to use the stuffing for something like that, it definitely added a totally cool affect. Again I really enjoyed all of your builds.

....@Russel and Chris, I remember that day when we found out about the couch, my wife was not very happy, and I was giving a Milk-Bone (dog biscuit) to the dogs, because I saw the potential on this material. Maybe I can bring some "smoke" a the next GSL... :D

Or sell it to everyone, like one Randy Derr suggested. For laughs, maybe one of our cartoonists could draw a logo of a dog with teeth clenched on fuzz stretching from a cushion (more comical than this example) & lettering saying "Brizio Smoke".....

Whoa Brother John. Missed this yesterday. Warn a person next time with the un-selfie already. I freaked the first time I saw it and you didn't warn me then either.

Brother Chris, that is what is called award winning craftsmanship. Period. Well deserved.

Thanks, Fabrizio. It was nice to meet you too. Your work was fantastic. Really glad I got to see it in person, especially the Janis Joplin Porsche.

Thank you Art! :)

Fabrizio... I think you need to market the scale smoke by packaging that stuffing in a little bag...lol my dog has torn up a fair share of his toys and I never thought to use the stuffing for something like that, it definitely added a totally cool affect. Again I really enjoyed all of your builds.

Good idea for selling the smoke, but I don't know how explain it to my wife... Maybe I can cover the couch with a comforter sheet, so I have more time to think what to tell her... :D

Or sell it to everyone, like one Randy Derr suggested. For laughs, maybe one of our cartoonists could draw a logo of a dog with teeth clenched on fuzz stretching from a cushion (more comical than this example) & lettering saying "Brizio Smoke".....

I like the idea of the cartoonish logo, I can probably make some t shirt too. :) You and Chris of course will get one for free!!! :D

Fabrizio......... it was so nice to finally meet you.......your work is just amazing......congrat`s on all of your wins at GSL very well deserved my friend.......your Janis Joplin car is spectacular.......it was so nice to see it in person.......can`t wait to see what you build next.......and hope to see you again at the GSL 2017........all my best Brother :)

Thanks to all who posted photos.

It was so good to see all of Teresi's, Fabrizio's, Chris', Simon's & other's work in person. Mind blowing stuff! It seems like there was just not enough time to talk to everyone, but it surely was good talking to you, Steve R. I also see photos of things that I say, "How did I miss that??" Congrats to those of you here who received awards. Very well deserved!