Model Cars Magazine Forum

W900 Raptor Hauler (Outside Pics) Finally

A few of you may remember this build...Just didn't have a load, then.....This is one of the few I have done that is not orange...But, not to worry....I have plans for an orange version of this using the Ford Louisville hauler.......As alluded to in that thread, I was waiting for the F-150 Raptor to come out....Well, it's here, now, and I've built one to match the rig....I hope to get some outside pics of it, soon.....The Raptor was a fun build....For a snap, it was awesomely proportioned and everything fit....It even has mirrors....Something missing on most snap models....

SAM_7146%201024x561_zpsgyuvxx2i.jpg

SAM_7148%201024x634_zpsls6funou.jpg

Again, I cut up decals from the snap Pete.....Took a bit to see what I could do with them, but in the end, it was simpler than I could have imagined....

SAM_7150%201024x550_zps2cows0pb.jpg

SAM_7153%201024x649_zpsvjdsn6dq.jpg

SAM_7156%201024x537_zps1dofaoj0.jpg

SAM_7157%201024x586_zpsncys8ajj.jpg

A full glue model with engine would be AWESOME, though....I didn't do anything to the rims, as I kinda wished the 1:1's had chrome wheels.....I know they don't come with chrome rims, but I like it this way....

SAM_7160%201024x596_zpsdmwn70oi.jpg

SAM_7162%201024x631_zps5zjwoqbj.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks a lot, Boys....The Raptor was a lot of fun to build....I highly recommend the kit for anybody.....From the novice to the seasoned veteran.....I built it in only about 3 1/2 hours spread out over 3 days.... I intended to build it as a filler while waiting for paint to dry on my race trailer, but as I was building it, I couldn't stop....It even comes with tinted glass for the back half of the cab....This is a great kit, for a snap....Wish they'd offer a regular F-150, though....But this offering is Awesome, none the less....Already went to storage and dug out another one to do in orange.....

Edited by kilrathy10

But... It's not... Orange! Well, it is blue! I like that solid look you gave it. The Italeri wheels, the front bumper and the side fairings make it look just so. Nice application of the Peterbilt stripes too. I like the race wedge and how you made the stripes continue on it from the cab. Very nice build!

Edited by BigBad

Thanks, Robert.....I appreciate that great feedback.....To be honest, I can't wait to do something similar in orange.....Bought two more cans the other day..... :)

JT,

Just two cans??? I thought you bought that orange by the case!!!! lol

Be Well

Gator