Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT40 68 Lemans winner; Gulf Livery

Here is a comparison between the Thunder Valley and the Fujimi.

DSCN2753-vi.jpgDSCN2754-vi.jpg

Those look darn near identical - considering the Thunder Valley is a resin from quite a few years ago I'ld say they did a great job. If I recall the resin kit also has full engine and suspension detail. Really no excuse for Fujimi not having a driveline considering how many variations they put out on the Mk.1

The resin kit pictured above does have some significant differences in the shapes of the rear fender flares (including the tuck-in of the shape of the flares into the tail area), the width of the ducktail spoiler aft of the flares, and the resolution of the side-mounted brake-cooling scoops into the rear flares.

Which one in right for which version of the car?

Those look darn near identical - considering the Thunder Valley is a resin from quite a few years ago I'ld say they did a great job. If I recall the resin kit also has full engine and suspension detail. Really no excuse for Fujimi not having a driveline considering how many variations they put out on the Mk.1

The TV kit does include and engine and rear suspension. Still quite a bit missing for a complete engine bay however.

photo2-vi.jpg

The resin kit pictured above does have some significant differences in the shapes of the rear fender flares (including the tuck-in of the shape of the flares into the tail area), the width of the ducktail spoiler aft of the flares, and the resolution of the side-mounted brake-cooling scoops into the rear flares.

Which one in right for which version of the car?

Okay Bill, I'll take the bait. Personally I think the Fujimi body is more accurate. However Fujimi completely missed on the wheels and tires. The rear tires are far too narrow and consequently the wheels are incorrect. Rather than tool up the correct tires they used the same ones in the MkII kit. The TV kit nailed these components. Wheels on the left are TV, right are Fujimi.

DSCN1259-vi.jpg

Notice the projection of the brake ducts and the shape behind the wheel flairs as it transitions to the spoiler. I think Fujimi got these lines right. On the TV kit these areas are too subtle. The transition between the curves should be far more abrupt.

photo3-vi.pngphoto1-vi.pngphoto-vi.png

Edited by afx