Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack DM600 roll-off truck 11-08-15 update

Dennis, those fenders will look perfect on this. All the roll offs out here either have that style of fender or the supposed indestructible plastic. I'm lookin forward to the next update.

. I agree, the Diamond plated fenders are a must. Im not a fan of those new rubbermade fenders.

. I agree, the Diamond plated fenders are a must. Im not a fan of those new rubbermade fenders.

When I was putting that show truck together, the owner made the suggestion to use those since they come in chrome. I looked at him and said you bumped your head. The smooth, rolled edge aluminum painted to match are what's getting put on. Now if I were building a roll off like this, absolutely, diamond plate, either painted steel or polished aluminum.

When I was putting that show truck together, the owner made the suggestion to use those since they come in chrome. I looked at him and said you bumped your head. The smooth, rolled edge aluminum painted to match are what's getting put on. Now if I were building a roll off like this, absolutely, diamond plate, either painted steel or polished aluminum.

Yeah, my buddy had a set of the smooth alum rolled edge fenders on a 357. They were polished, and looked pretty dang good.

• 1 month later...

08-28-15 Update:  I can’t believe it’s been two months since the last update. It feels good to be back on the bench!

Both lift cylinders are built along with the reeving cylinder and sheaves. Here’s some mockup pics to date:

IMG_1894_zpsztb7xwh8-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1887_zps1mkjopta-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1888_zps4mrpqxpg-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1889_zpsz4ehgylo-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1890_zpseoa1dh95-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1891_zpsg312dbva-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I’m pleased with the results so far…now I’ll make the final fit adjustments.

I’ll be focusing on plans for the container and start construction in the near future.

Edited by Tesla

That's some fantastic work you have done Dennis . I cant wait to see some more .  What profile sizes have you used so far ?

Thanks Dave. The roll-off chassis is loosely based on a Stellar Cable 75 unit that is 270 inches long. The container will be a Wastequip rectangular style roll-off with a height of approximately 73 inches.