Model Cars Magazine Forum

Curved Masking Tape

Here is some info on it from Hobby Search , I missed pre ordering at HLJ, so I have to wait tell they take orders again, or find another place to order from.

- Can be put on a smooth curve without any wrinkle, it is PVC masking tape with flexibility.
- And available in three types of 2,3,5mm.
- Use a 5mm If you divide coating a gentle curve. Because there is a width less likely According curve. The tighter parts of the Earl and then use them to distinguish 2mm width, the 3mm width.
- None of the length of the tape is 20m.

( This is a machine translation. Please allow for possible misinterpretations in the text. )
And this is from Tamiya USA
  • A soft resin material is used, allowing the tape to adhere in a curved line while preventing paint from seeping into masked off areas.
  • Use of narrower tape is recommended for sharper curves.
Edited by martinfan5

Tamiya is releasing curved masking tape, will come in three sizes, 2mm,3mm,5mm, release is set for this month, and if ordered direct from Japan, expect to pay around $3 per roll, so its just a tad bit more than the normal tape.

tape_zps4n7w0qmy.png

I wish it was that cheap! There's 2-3 sellers on eBay right now asking for between $20-31us per roll! Yes just 1 roll! The cheapest seller wants nearly $30au to ship it!! The other 2 want $30-40us to ship to Australia??!! WTF!?

I wish it was that cheap! There's 2-3 sellers on eBay right now asking for between $20-31us per roll! Yes just 1 roll! The cheapest seller wants nearly $30au to ship it!! The other 2 want $30-40us to ship to Australia??!! WTF!?

So why not order straight from HLJ. All the way to Norway is 8 or 9 dollars for an entire model kit size box.

So why not order straight from HLJ. All the way to Norway is 8 or 9 dollars for an entire model kit size box.

I didn't say I wouldn't but Martinfan has already mentioned HLJ has none in stock. I'm not worried about the actual price of the tape more so the price they want to charge to ship/post or Internationally!!