Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 Impala. protouring style.

Petetrucker07

Thought I'd do a WIP on my next project. It's a Revell 59 Impala. I'm going to be building basically box stock, with the addition of Pegasus rims and tires. I've already modified the rims to fit. It's sittin just how I hoped it would with optional lower suspension that's included with the kit.

20150712_143148_zpsw8qpxlsp.jpg

20150712_142911_zpsqscdwghs.jpg

Thanks.

I personally like the Tuck n Roll interior, but if you keep all of the stock trim and emblems you might want to super detail the stock interior. If you go with a smooth look, removing door handles and hood trim and maybe filling the hood vents then I think you would want the Tuck n Roll interior. I look forward to how this turns out.

I'm having a hard time deciding which interior to use. The custom tuck and roll or the stock style. Either way it'll be matching the exterior colors, metallic red and pearl white.

I don't think you could go wrong with either interior Clayton. Looking forward to more...

How did you mount those wheels? Gonna have a nice stance.

I had to cut the hub on the rim down about half of what's there. I then drilled the rim mounting holes out to 1/8 inch. I then had to trim the "spindle and axle" hubs down to get the rims to fit in the wheel wells. I'll post some pics when I get back to the bench this weekend.

Well this update is a week longer than expected. That's life. 

The chassis is painted Testors One Coat metallic red, forget name of color. The engine is assembled, just needs the accessories. It is painted the same red with Testors White Lightning on the valve covers.

20150725_063329_zpsxgalavis.jpg

20150725_063348_zpsy7gb3mwt.jpg

• 1 month later...