Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Revell 1990 Mustang LX

Devilsnake98

This is my 1990 mustang lx. Been a work in progress since this kit first came out, finally decided to push myself to get it out and finish it. I swapped in a 96-98 cobra dohc mod motor from the amt phantom Vicky kit, wheels from the revell 08 bullitt mustang, tires from my stash, brakes and seats from the revell 07 gt500, lowered stance, scratch built exhaust, plenty of other small details of course. I didnt go nuts but enough to make it better. This is the corrected resin body mastered by Mike Schnur and wonderfully resin casted by Greg Wann, these bodies are very very nice. Also i used a resin 2-3" cowl hood, paint is tamiya ts26 pure white with u-pol spray can clear cut and rubbed, tinted head and tail lights with Tamiya smoke. Thanks for looking, any comments/ criticism always welcome.

Here is my previous wip thread, pics look a little caddy-wompus( on my phone at least).

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/79350-another-revell-90-mustang-lx/?page=1 20150719_144304.jpg

20150719_144319.jpg

20150719_144333.jpg

20150719_144350.jpg

20150719_144412.jpg

20150719_144426.jpg

20150719_144501.jpg

Edited by Devilsnake98

Very nicely done and very representative of what's going on with real Fox Mustang's these days. What a difference that resin body makes! 

I remember back in the late 90's when people started doing mod-motor swaps into these cars and it was really big deal. Now it's so common that people don't really do a double take. In about 2003 a good friend of mine bought an '89 Coupe that had a complete '98 Cobra drive train (engine, trans, rear axle, brakes, wheels) swapped into it. It was kind of a hack-job and we had to straighten everything out and make it presentable. What was interesting is how much harder that stock Cobra drive train ran in the Fox Mustang shell vs. an actual '98 Cobra.  

Thanks for all the kind words, the resin body does make a difference that's for sure. 

Dennis- I bet that cobra motor swapped fox did run harder than in the cobra it actually came from. I had a 86 lx 5.0 notch that weighed 3150 with me in it, then later on I had a 98 cobra coupe that weighed 3600 with me in it, so that right there would produce some decent gains. 

Edited by Devilsnake98