Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1932 Ford Sedan

jjsipes

After going to the 2015 National Street Rod East Show at the York, PA Fairgrounds and seeing this car, I decided to build a model similar. Although not exact, it's actually a 1930 Ford with a 1932 grille I believe.

Real Car

Pic off Internet

4_zpsshgzdwze.jpg

Pic I took at show

11391296_980586051966352_361795731011715

I started with 1 Revell 1932 Ford Sedan kit. I took the chrome reverse wheels out of an AMT 1936 Ford Kit, tires not sure what they came out of now and went to town. I got the body prepped for Tamiya White Primer, taped the roof insert and firewall up to keep it white. Then shot it with Tamiya Candy Lime Green and Tamiya Clear. I grabbed a can of Tamiya Pearl White for the interior then Tamiya Semi Gloss clear. Taped up to spray the carpet Tamiya Racing Green and Testors Dullcote for contrast. Engine will be the flathead out of Sedan kit painted White.

Wheels

IMG_0010_zpsic1dsgvn.jpg

Interior

IMG_0006_zpsasej82cs.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsh9xe7q0n.jpg

Chassis

IMG_0013_zpsfmcrxpvp.jpg

Body

IMG_0011_zpsffuoydv5.jpg

IMG_0012_zpshzt0h7ev.jpg

Quick Mock Up

IMG_0014_zps9e4bhxvt.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsu6ma4xce.jpg

This is some very good work. But I gotta ask, what kind of engine is that in the 1:1?

Here's a link to where I found pics online. It says "The engine is a work of art by itself that people never get enough of. It is a completely rebuilt Pontiac 455, it carries an Offenhauser 2x4 intake with Offenhauser cross rams with Northwest speed adapters to mount 2 Stromberg 97's on each end."

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/killer-1930-ford-street-rod-sweet-pea.943695/

Edited by jjsipes

Thanks Jason, That is an amazing Rod. The attention to detail is amazing. Good luck with your build. If I were you though, I'd find some sort of dual 4barrel engine and create some sort of cross-ram just to stay with the original theme.