Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Bonnaville..patience tester...

parkflyrer 50

Okay..well here it is..I've had this kit stored away in my garage for probably more than 20 years and I guess time, heat, and cold took its toll here because nothing went together smoothly on this one. I had fiment issues off the bat with the front and rear bumpers as you can see in the pics the front end went together horribly no matter what I tried..talk about frustration:angry:...the rear not so much the clear parts were all warped..The paint I used wicked colors pearl red which sprayed on quite nicely I've used it before no problems.. but then I used testors one coat wet look clear lacquer."big mistake" I tried using a couple light easy coats then finished with a heavy coat and it orange peeled and had a very rough finish that was the first time and last time I'm using that..I usually use Tamiya clear coat with beautiful results so lesson learned..I guess I got so frustrated and lost patience on this one I just sloppily threw it together...anyway I thought throw a pic of my latest builds to make myself feel a little better..sorry for venting..and I hope there are some redeeming qualities in this one...thanks

20150811_172407.jpg

20150811_172659.jpg

20150811_172331.jpg

20150811_172303.jpg

20150811_172231.jpg

Edited by parkflyrer 50

• 5 weeks later...