Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help on how to post images from links

I am having an issue w/ posting pics from my phone. I dont know if it's this site or Photobucket... but each time I copy a link from photobucket while on my phone (where I do the majority of my posting) I get this when I paste the link:

"this HTML class. Value is [URL=http://s103.pho" 

...and thats it. 

If I post from a PC no issues. If I paste the link into a text message on my phone, no issues. If I paste it to facebook, no issues. Just here. Very strange.

In Windows 7 (and XP), it still works the way it always did. (a few images won't directly copy because of the way the files are named; to get those, you'll have to save them in your own 'documents' file, load them into P-bucket, and recopy here)

Right-click the picture you want to post here. When you right-click it, a menu appears on the screen. Left click "Copy image".

Come back to the MCM page where you want to post the image. Place your cursor where you want the image. Hit ctrl-v.

The image appears. Pretty simple.

blown_3.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

In Windows 7 (and XP), it still works the way it always did. (a few images won't directly copy because of the way the files are named; to get those, you'll have to save them in your own 'documents' file, load them into P-bucket, and recopy here)

Right-click the picture you want to post here. When you right-click it, a menu appears on the screen. Left click "copy".

Come back to the MCM page where you want to post the image. Place your cursor where you want the image. Hit ctrl-v.

The image appears. Pretty simple.

blown_3.jpg

I just see a file name that says blown_3.jpg

It WAS there. Now it's gone. Probably an issue with the source. I have dozens and dozens of re-posted photos from outside sources posted on my build threads and tech answers..

Let's try again. Same technique, different source. 

094b69428c85d07f3b526380f72d3b37.jpg   Can you see it now??

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I should have been more specific, but you guys figured it out anyway.

I edited the relevant post to correct my oversight.

As Slusher and Mr.Obsessive said, it only works if you left-click "Copy image" on the menu that appears over the photo you want to copy.

DO NOT USE "Copy image URL". IGNORE "Insert other media" at the bottom right of the MCM text box. Both are next to useless for posting images here.

NOTE: Because the images you copy this way are not stored on the MCM server, IF the original image is deleted on the site you copied it from, or if the other site goes down, the image will disappear here too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Either one works, but it seems the "copy image" route takes longer, buffering and such.

Interesting. I have a fast connection and a fast machine. It's instant for me.

Either way, the image isn't actually on the MCM server...only instructions as to how the server can find and display it...because it disappears if the source site goes down.

And there are still images that won't copy directly, where some sleight-of-hand is required to get them to post.B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy