Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help posting pics

NYNS Franky

Hi all,

Havent posted pics here in a couple months, maybe more.  When I go to start new topic, The headline, border, or menu above where I'm writing looks different, and now see

"Insert other media" in the right hand corner.  So I click on that and try to do a direct link to my photobucket, and all I get is red X's.

What am I doing wrong?  Went back to the tutorial and it looks like the header I use to remember.

Thank you for any help!

Frank

Ignore the "Insert other media" entirely. It's pretty well useless for now.

if you were posting successfully from Photobucket before, it works the same way now.

The way I do it (not everyone apparently) is to simply use the IMG selection for the photo you want to post.

1) To refresh, select an album in Pbucket and open it.

2) Hover your cursor over the 3 little horizontal lines that appear at the top left of the thumbnails.

3) A drop-down menu will appear.

4) Click the "share links" choice.

5) You will get a white overlay that says "Share the photo".

6) Look at the right hand side of the overlay. 

7) Click the IMG choice. It will flash yellow to indicate the photo has been copied.

8) On the MCM page, position your cursor in the answer box where you want the photo to appear.

9) Hit ctrl-v. The code string for the photo location will appear in the box.

10) When you click "submit reply" in the black box at the lower right corner of the answer, the photo will appear.

This sounds complicated but actually takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds.

4df56420-6509-4bea-a3c4-0f136832314d_zps

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Ignore the "Insert other media" entirely. It's pretty well useless for now.

if you were posting successfully from Photobucket before, it works the same way now.

The way I do it (not everyone apparently) is to simply use the IMG selection for the photo you want to post.

1) To refresh, select an album in Pbucket and open it.

2) Hover your cursor over the 3 little horizontal lines that appear at the top left of the thumbnails.

3) A drop-down menu will appear.

4) Click the "share links" choice.

5) You will get a white overlay that says "Share the photo".

6) Look at the right hand side of the overlay. 

7) Click the IMG choice. It will flash yellow to indicate the photo has been copied.

8) On the MCM page, position your cursor in the answer box where you want the photo to appear.

9) Hit ctrl-v. The code string for the photo location will appear in the box.

10) When you click "submit reply" in the black box at the lower right corner of the answer, the photo will appear.

This sounds complicated but actually takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds.

4df56420-6509-4bea-a3c4-0f136832314d_zps

This time, trying to enter the reply box sent me to chryslerusa.com, so I have to quote again. how would you do the copy paste on an iPad that doesn't have typical keyboard keys?

Bill - have you got that thing running? Is it a Beck 550? I sure would like one. 

Edited by sjordan2

Ok on my Samsung tab2 you push on the url and hold a cuouple of seconds and then the options come up one of which is the save to clipbord. Then that can be pasted.

Side note Ship your ipad problem sounds like a possible malware isse have you checked for that.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

Skip, I know nothing about iPads. Zero. Zilch. Zip.

And yes, it's a Beck. Engine is still out. Had new valve guides put in my beautiful ported heads, and the "machine-shop" hammered them in cold. Split all the guide bosses. Now I have to buy and port new heads. Normally I'd do my own guides, but my mill won't fit in the shop here, is out back, still on the double-axle trailer, wrapped in shrink plastic.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I've been posting from Photobucket lately by just copying & pasting.

Seems to work just fine.

Just right click on your Photobucket pic, hit "copy image". Then put your cursor over the area of your MCM post where the pic is to go, right click & hit "paste".......Done.

That does work most of the time, and it's the easiest method.

A problem that arises sometimes is if you need to edit your photo, as in change it to another one if you've mistakenly put up the wrong one, or posted one out of sequence.

Occasionally, for whatever reason, this site now won't delete the original photo address (from Pbucket), and when you copy the new photo in the first one's place, hit "submit reply", you just get the original photo again...even if the new code string was showing correctly in the text box before hitting "submit".

I've only had this happen twice so far...on this thread, actually. :huh:

Bill...what's the basic engine? Super Beetle? 356?

Skip, my current engine started life as a 1600 dual-port VW. I's got a welded-counterweighted stock-stroke (69mm) crank and 90.5mm jugs, for 1776cc displacement. Balanced. Medium lift and duration Engle cam, straight-cut steel cam gears (makes a great whine), swivel-foot valve adjusters, chrome-moly pushrods, slightly larger intake valves, 3-angle valve job and lightly ported and port-matched heads and manifolds, dual 40mm downdraft Dellorto carbs, 4-into-one exhaust. Vintage Bosch 019 distributor, Bosch "blue" coil. Big oil pump, deep sump with a windage tray, remote thermostatically-controlled oil cooler. Aluminum fan housing, "power-pulley", and a 100-amp alternator to drive the old Marchal and Cibie lights.

Probably makes an honest 120HP and revs happily to 7 grand. Quick enough in a 1400 pound car, and a LOT cheaper than that much power from real Porsche parts.

Not much to enlighten, paste photo url in the box and click insert into post and it posts the photo in your post, maybe it doesn't work with photobucket but has worked fine for me.

I tried one from Photobucket and see what you mean about the screwy thing.

But a simple copy and paste worked on the displayed image in Photobucket as seen below - never did like photobucket :)

lamborghini photo: lamborghini lamborghini.jpg