Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Moebius ford pickup grille

definitely looks better...the transition from edge of headlight doors to lamp still needs smoothing it appears but maybe its just the contrast of the two colors?

but the grille looks great and the headlight doors look like the right width now.

yes it was kinda odd to mold the grille open but have no details at all behind it...just one of many things that make the design of the kit seem unfinished to me....

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old thread, but I was wondering if this truck was ever finished or the reworked grille was cast. Would like to see the finished truck or purchase the grille if cast. 

Agreed.. it would be nice to see the finished product.. Has anyone cast a Ranger grille with the center emblem in the grille??

https://previews.123rf.com/images/mybaitshop/mybaitshop1210/mybaitshop121000122/15699700-MARION-WI-SEPTEMBER-16-Grill-of-1969-Ford-F100-Ranger-Truck-at-the-3rd-Annual-Not-Just-Another-Car-S-Stock-Photo.jpg

I know this is a old thread, but I was wondering if this truck was ever finished or the reworked grille was cast. Would like to see the finished truck or purchase the grille if cast. 

I messsged Tom soon after this thread was new. He said the grille was too fragile to be cast in resin. 

Now, if you could do this, why couldn't Moebius?

A good question, considering the 4 year gestation of the subject matter.

As Mr Greenberg once intimated regarding the lindberg '61 chevy 'it doesn't cost any more to cast a correct piece' or something like that... <_<

mike

• 3 weeks later...

I messsged Tom soon after this thread was new. He said the grille was too fragile to be cast in resin. 

In regards to that fragility, why not just attach a thin sheet of plastic behind the grill bars for strength? The modeller then has the choice of painting between the bars or gently sanding the backing off.

mike