Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Jurassic Park" Toyota Land Cruiser

I first read Jurassic Park the year before the movie came out, and was hooked immediately. The Land Cruiser tour cars mentioned in the text were always something that I wanted to build in scale, but since the descriptions of them were a bit sparse it took me a few brainstorming sessions over the next few years to come up with a design that I liked and felt fit the time and style of the story.  The kit was Tamiya's 80 VX Limited, modified to look like a not-quite-finished preproduction variant.  Custom additions include a scratchbuilt electric motor/transmission setup, generic dashboard with 2x late '80s computer monitors, and graphics I drew up in Illustrator.

jp-land-cruiser-01.jpg

jp-land-cruiser-02.jpg

jp-land-cruiser-03.jpg

jp-land-cruiser-04.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great looking Land Cruiser, you have made some great details on this. How did you make the electricmotor thing?

Interesting that today Toyota is not interested in pure electric cars but are focusing more on hybrids, I guess if they did make an all electric Land Cruiser we would have a stampede at Toyota dealers here in Norway.