Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEW PLACE TO GET PARTS CHROME PLATED!

To avoid paying tax's on the business their running. Pay Pal will do the same to you if your doing to many money transfers. They will ask you to do an business account to report to the IRS.

that makes sense, but it's technically not a product, pretty much just labor. Certain states have loopholes that will allow you be completely legit and not charge tax. I don't know what states other than CA though. 

This is really not a new process. It’s the same process they use to silver plate mirrors. Centuries old. I just bought a kit. And will soon start doing platting. This is a chemical process not real chrome platting. Thickness depends on how much you apply. About the same thickness as vacuum platting. But what they don’t tell you is that your parts have to be perfectly smooth. Any flaws in the surface will show up. They like me will not finish the parts for you.

As with any highly reflective finish, it has to be as glossy as possible (and free of any defects).  That is no secret or nothing new. The same applies to any other type of highly reflective silver surface.  Whether it is this method, vacuum-plated aluminum (ChromeTech) or Alclad Chrome, or even real chrome on real car parts.  If the base surface is not perfectly glossy or polished, it will not be mirror-like after the final coat is applied.

As with any highly reflective finish, it has to be as glossy as possible (and free of any defects).  That is no secret or nothing new. The same applies to any other type of highly reflective silver surface.  Whether it is this method, vacuum-plated aluminum (ChromeTech) or Alclad Chrome, or even real chrome on real car parts.  If the base surface is not perfectly glossy or polished, it will not be mirror-like after the final coat is applied.

That's true. But Model Chrome is not telling you that on their Facebook .I was just bring up that you have to provide them with a perfect part. They will not do the work for you. I know if you send me a bad part. I will send it back unfinished.

Point of information.

What is a Deluxe Reading Crusader 101?

Charlie Larkin

It's a very large, nicely detailed remote control car from the '60's. If you google it you will find a nice Wikipedia write-up.

The one that I own is one of my most prized possessions along with my '64 Hasbro GI Joe that sits behind the wheel!

Holy smokes!  I got that Crusader 101 for Christmas when I was around 5- or 6-years-old.  I loved that car!  I remember how much I enjoyed playing with it, for the few hours that I was able to.  Unfortunately, my father felt it was cheaply made;  too much plastic, I guess.  My mother did all the Christmas shopping and knew I would love it (and she was right), but dad insisted that it go back to, ahem, the North Pole.  Oh, well.

PB.

• 1 month later...

Just to chime in here, I myself CAN'T do paypal either.............. Reason I "trade" a lot. I don't have a debt card, or a credit card for that matter and the local places that sells the "rechargeable" cards want more then the item is selling for just to "recharge" it like you would at the counter..... I find that a bit insane to go that route when your spending more for just the ability.

When ya don't have a bank, you can't take ANY other forms of payment, as they won't just "cash" them, UNLESS you have a bank account with them!

Postal Money orders, ARE granted full tender at ANY US Post Office........... no "account" or fee's apply UNLESS your buying one, BUT you get a lot of control when ya do.... They can cancel it if the items are not received, PLUS, they carry clout for fraud.....A LOT of it. Western Union, Money Gram doesn't offer ANY of this, and most banks, won't (local to me anyway) "cash" then due to the fraud factory of these. Postal Money Orders don't have this problem! They can check to see if its legit in the matter of 30 seconds, the rest takes a week.....