Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speed Shop Dio

Tyler62990

I got a bit more done since my last post. I got a good start on the garage and I'm callinthe office, bathroom and outside just about done, for now anyway. I wanted to really bring everything to life so I also started working on some figures and giving them little jobs around the shop. Sorry for the bad pics, all I have is my phone. Here's What I have so far:

The office:

Trophies came from four of the Revell Merc kits. I thought the chrome looked REALLY gaudy so they were stripped, painted and decaled. The little cars came from the AMT 57 T bird and 32 Lil Vicky kits, also stripped and painted. Gas pump is a cheapo from Ebay. Who doesn't want a Caddy gas pump?

IMG_20151015_164741643.thumb.jpg.b0149dd

IMG_20151015_164811504.jpg

Edited by Tyler62990

Outside:

Old fencing is some screen and a lint trap. Cinder blocks are resin painted with Rustoleum texture paints. I love the results you get with these paints, the pictures just don't do it justice. Some tires, weeds, a few random parts and a tree made from a stick from the back yard finish it off. Truck is a Lindberg 34 Ford tow truck weathered using Sophisticated Finishes rusting system.

IMG_20151015_165216544.jpg

IMG_20151015_165332874_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is really inspiring. Love the weathering and all of the little details that bring this whole project to life. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the welder. I made a working trouble light in mine so a sparkling welder would be so cool.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks again guys! I finally have this project just about done. I only say "just about done" because I built this shop to be changed at anytime, therefore very few things are actually glued down. Once it's finally in it's permanent home, I'll have some pics of the for now completed project. Until then, here's a pic of the welder working. Since taking these pics, I changed out that horrible looking yellow light for the appropriate blue/white combo. If I find a way to post a video of it working, I will, along with the pictures I mentioned

IMG_20151016_105222858.jpg

This is really inspiring. Love the weathering and all of the little details that bring this whole project to life. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the welder. I made a working trouble light in mine so a sparkling welder would be so cool.

TroubleLight.jpg

I actually just got done checking this out in your post. I have to say, I love everything about it. Awesome job!

Thanks again guys! I finally have this project just about done. I only say "just about done" because I built this shop to be changed at anytime, therefore very few things are actually glued down. Once it's finally in it's permanent home, I'll have some pics of the for now completed project. Until then, here's a pic of the welder working. Since taking these pics, I changed out that horrible looking yellow light for the appropriate blue/white combo. If I find a way to post a video of it working, I will, along with the pictures I mentioned

IMG_20151016_105222858.jpg

Now...this Picture is a perfect Illusion. Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...