Model Cars Magazine Forum

351 Peterbilt conversion

Sean, what a great build. The color sheme is classic, the 5 hole buds make it "not too dressy", but something that was worked everyday by a blue collar owner operator(not that there are any rich truckers). I like the single stack, steerable front axle, Hendrickson susp, and painted front bumper. My absolute favorite feature of this build, no matter how mintute it may seem, is the single horn. Great job man. This is a great addition to the shelf.

Very nice build! I could see this truck sitting on a Peterbilt lot in the early 70s ready to go to work! The wheels are excellent! (Where did you get them?), I really like the painted mirrors and Lubrifiner too. Top notch work on this one!! I hope to build a 281 or a 351 one day. I hope I can build one half as nice as this one.

Thank you everyone who looked in and commented ! :)

Angel - I agree with you, I am tired of Alcoa's in kits.

Tom - I will keep my eyes open for another emblem.

Clayton - this is an old build finished up, come on I know you have a few out there ;)

Terry - I stumbled upon that large horn searching for other parts and knew where it had to go.

Brian - The wheels are AITM products. Email Dave and ask for them as his list always says out of stock.

Jim - I am happy to get this one displayed.

Dave - This was the learner, I know what not to do for the next one.

Very nice Pete, Sean - is this a 351?

The narrow nose looks almost exactly like the bad Pete from the movie "duel" which impressed me much more than 40 years ago.

Great addition is the wheels that you used - I'm getting bored by the Alcoa wheels which seem to be included in almost any US truck kit!

Very nice Pete, Sean - is this a 351?

The narrow nose looks almost exactly like the bad Pete from the movie "duel" which impressed me much more than 40 years ago.

Great addition is the wheels that you used - I'm getting bored by the Alcoa wheels which seem to be included in almost any US truck kit!

Sean, sorry for my silly question - I obviously didn't read the headline which says "351 Peterbilt"

Helmut - No reason to apologize, I get confused on truck types myself.  The 281's were a single drive axle drive. A 281 was the truck used in the movie Duel  with tandems on the back but one was a tag axle.

The 351's had tandem drive axles.

Mark - I am glad you looked in !

Bob I am partial to the older work trucks.

Jacobus - I am very much looking forward to your 351 project.  I hope to learn from yours for my next one.

Gino - Nothing beats good old aluminum and fiberglass for trucks , plastic trucks I dont care for.

Gator - Thank you , I cant wait to see what your memory conjures up for an old classic.

Old Albion - I love the bling on the old 1970's trucks but I also appreciate the "Plain Jane's"

Dennis - I have plans for a tri - axle drive Yukon truck . Not that I have ever been to the Yukon but my version will be what I would expect to see there :lol:

Thank you everyone for looking in and commenting :)