Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trans Am Type k

X-trim

Coool!   I recently found one of these at a show for $20, still sealed.   I always thought it was a neat concept and wanted the kit.  Now I have my eye out for the Camaro version.

It's nice to see it builds out well!  The kit itself is simple and a bit crude, so you did a good job! 

Rockford Files; Never send a boy king to do a man's job.

James Garner was a big endorser of Pontiac and GMC trucks (remember Rocky's GMC pickup?)

GM seriously considered doing the Firebird Kammback wagon. They were selling tons of Firebirds (Bandit helped too) so it seemed like a good idea. Maybe the 1979 gas crisis killed it.

Nice work X, I need to build mine someday.

Nice car! I love how these kits build up. My Kammback Blackbird build if anyone is interested.

I've got both the TransAm and Camaro Kammbacks stashed away until I get time to work on them, and then I'm going to combine them with the Revell 3-in-1 Firebird kit and the 3-in-1 Camaro kit to retro them back to the mid-seventies. It will take some modding and cutting out the engine bays for both but it should look awesome when done.