Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carolina Mack B-67

This truck will be sort of a tribute to my grandfather and a few of his brothers. While my grandfather never drove for Carolina, his younger brother did. Carolina had a terminal in my hometown and when they sold out to ABF (the company my grandfather drove for), they moved into Carolina's larger terminal which was less than half a mile away. Anyway, just a little history! This is an AITM cab, i will be using the drivetrain from the dm600 as well as some other odds and ends. The frame will be a used one from the cruiseliner kit and with that goes a huge shout out to Dave Chivers (doobie) for sending me the frame. The frame isnt pictured because its still making its way across the big pond!

IMG_20160101_093509927_zpsa8si4teo.jpg

Edited by guitarsam326

Cool project Sam! When I was a kid there were a few B Models still working regularly around here. They were always my favorite. There is one of the Carolina B Models at the Transportation museum here in Spencer, but the last time that I was there, you couldn't get very close to it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one!!

Im looking forward to this Sam. After that Paystar, Im excited to see your take on an old Mack.

Im sad to say i set too high of a bar formyself after the Paystar....its my personal favorite of my builds. Being that the mack is resin and my first resin, i probably wont be slicing the doors open due to lack of detail on the interior. Thats my only real complaint on AITM's stuff, the interior is lacking, but im not complaining cuz you cant get the subject matter anywhere else!

Sam I can't agree more on the thick resin but AITM has a nice selection of old trucks and has them in stock. 

Dont take me wrong, i will deal with the thickness in order to get the older trucks, im not complaining, i just want to inform other potential buyers so they know what to expect. 

Dont take me wrong, i will deal with the thickness in order to get the older trucks, im not complaining, i just want to inform other potential buyers so they know what to expect. 

From what I was told, most of these cabs were mastered out of wood. Dave has thinned down a lot of them. Years ago when it was MTFACO, the thickness of these cabs was much worse. I usually leave these cabs curbside(but still with engine), but I have spent the time with a dremel, thinning it out also. Nice work.

From what I was told, most of these cabs were mastered out of wood. Dave has thinned down a lot of them. Years ago when it was MTFACO, the thickness of these cabs was much worse. I usually leave these cabs curbside(but still with engine), but I have spent the time with a dremel, thinning it out also. Nice work.

I've had a couple of the MTFACO cabs including the F and the B model. It looks like Dave has improved them greatly. I hope to get a few of his cabs this year myself.

Looking good Sam!! I'm glad that you decide against making it curbside. 

I've had a couple of the MTFACO cabs including the F and the B model. It looks like Dave has improved them greatly. I hope to get a few of his cabs this year myself.

Looking good Sam!! I'm glad that you decide against making it curbside. 

Thanks Brian! I couldn't bring myself to make it curbside, now im battling on whether to open the doors or not....right now, i think they're gonna get opened!

Thanks Brian! I couldn't bring myself to make it curbside, now im battling on whether to open the doors or not....right now, i think they're gonna get opened!

Same battle here. The inside of the Illini cab doesn't look too bad, but resin is so brittle, I'm not sure which direction that I want to go.

This will be killer! Only resin I have ever really messed with were a couple of Jimmy Flintsone bodies,and a few LSM (Lex's Scale Models) cowl hoods. The hoods always came useable right out of the package,but those Flintstone bodies were always THICK,LOL! Looking forward to seeing this,LOVE old Macks :D