Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage '33 Ford Altered

gasser59

I just can't seem to finish a project without starting another. It's in the early stages and I'm starting with the ZZ Top body and had planned on using the frame but my previously owned kit is without one. I'll have to figure out what to do and may just make one. Here's a picture of the one that inspired me although I'm not building a replica of this. I do like the faded red color with all of the chrome and black.

34FordAltered24BBFA-vi.jpg

Here's the early start. Front wheels and tires are still uncertain and it will definitely have an early hemi.

33Project1-vi.jpg

Edited by gasser59

This is a great theme Brad,  thought about this one myself.  I have a resin chopped 32 Ford stowed away.  I've had a look at this setup before, I think even the frame from the one you're finishing up will fit without much work.  Just an idea.

The ZZ Top frame is kind of a mess with lots of sink marks and the molded in battery box and muffler with exhaust pipe. Be quite a bit of work to make it acceptable so I would rather make a new one. I think it'll be stronger too.

Edited by gasser59