Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT/110 (X 1) now with pics!!

Dave B

From zero to hero, the initial and final iterations.

I have just completed building Mini Exotics transkit for the initial Can-Am version of X 1.  No a fun kit to build but I am happy with the outcome.  I had to make up the windshield and surround as the kit came with the full spyder windscreen.  Also had to grind out about 1/4" of resin from the rear to open the exhaust and grille outlets.  Also used resin 48mm side draft webers from the GS Corvette.  Thanks to my mate Phil for the blue side stripes, the kit came with black ones.

IMG_6199_zpsi84jdlq1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave B

Edited by Bantoft
upload pics

Just a few pics of both my versions, the second being converted from a coupe some years ago

IMG_6204_zpsotk2wr9b.jpg

IMG_6205_zpsihs2wohl.jpg

IMG_6206_zps3bwwibrn.jpg

IMG_6207_zpsmyorvrym.jpg

Tks again

Dave B

50 years old but much better looking than today's racers....the unfortunate'65 X1 as well as the '66 Sebring winner - how did you make the windshield of this one?

Great models in any case!!!

Hi folks,  tks for the kind words.  I'll try and answer all your questions.   Rex,  the early version is Mini Exotics,  the later one I converted from a coupe.   I have seen a CMA transkit, it is better than mine but

I could not locate one.  Brian,  the 350 was converted from a  Heller P4 coupe using plans from  Model Racing Replica News.  I did cheat a little and cast the snorkels and screen in resin using a  Patto's vacform.  I then modified the snorkels and vaçformed a screen.  Helmut,  I made  a mould for the screen out of   MDF, coated it in fibreglass then vacformed it.  Mark,  yes I cast the manifold and used that as  well.  Dave B

Hi folks,  tks for the kind words.  I'll try and answer all your questions.   Rex,  the early version is Mini Exotics,  the later one I converted from a coupe.   I have seen a CMA transkit, it is better than mine but

I could not locate one.  Brian,  the 350 was converted from a  Heller P4 coupe using plans from  Model Racing Replica News.  I did cheat a little and cast the snorkels and screen in resin using a  Patto's vacform.  I then modified the snorkels and vaçformed a screen.  Helmut,  I made  a mould for the screen out of   MDF, coated it in fibreglass then vacformed it.  Mark,  yes I cast the manifold and used that as  well.  Dave B

Dayam, lotsa work, a Yoda you are!

PS I plan to do a 350 from a Fujimi kit but using a slot car body.  This is a test spray as I forgot to mask off the windsheild area.  But I have one more to do my real spray on.  Much later of course as I need more experiance before taking on such an endeavor.

IMG_1582_zpsaxraxy06.jpg

Edited by aurfalien