Model Cars Magazine Forum

another '65 corvette

heinz74

hi guys/girls

started this thing back in the fall of 2014..came to me as nothing more than a box full of red plastic junk..with bad chromed parts thrown in..just for the fun of it

then again, as it's the 2600 kit..it could be molded in the 70's?the body was full of flash and moldlines..requiring massive clean up

but these kits aren't really common here ,so i was glad to source one allthough it took long to complete because personal stuff

moved house ,got me another 1/1 project..and so forth..

i built it pretty much stock except for the wheels which i got from Ebay..(can't remember who/how)

the paint is all automotive Standox basecoat and 2 Part clear shot through a normal paintgun..didn't polish it afterwards 

the interior got some flocking and foil..needed to Alclad some parts ..aswel as searching for reference photos online..çause unlike some of you guys

i don't happen to have an uncle or a neighbour who has a Stingray for sunny days and weekends sitting in his garage ..heck, i have never even seen a real one.. :P

for the moment only 2 pictures i shot quickly indoors..if the weather clears up  i'll take it outside and do some more..

anyway, everybody by now knows this kit has only mediocre detail..but it is what it is..all in all it built quite pleasant..like an oversized 1/24 scale

but man this thing is big..it's gonna be a challenge keeping it dust free stored 

enjoy..i'll be back

jip..it's 1/8th scale..

to tell you the truth..i can't recall who made the wheels..i bought them on Ebay..the guy who made them also made Stinger hoods for this kit he was/is from the US though..shouldn't be to hard to find out who he is?

the wheels aren't the best resincast quality out there ,but with some work you can get them in reasonable shape (kinda)...i just sprayed them Alclad

which shade ? don't know anymore...what happened to standing around that day probably...

.the tyres are the ones from the kit..with the white lettering sanded off..the red stripe is just painted on with Tamiya acrylic.,.nothing really fancy..

snapped a picture of the enginebay tonight..it's been raining over here..and the forecast says no different tomorrow..so more pics are on hold..

man ,i hate this season..i wish i lived in SoCal..

thanks for the comments guys..

next subject will be a 1/12 69 Camaro..either a Z28 again or if i can get my hands on a '67 big block Vette for it's engine ,i'm going the SS 396 route..

i'll be back..

Thanx people..

took some outdoor shots today..nothing fancy..

looks more orange than red..but i guess red is sencitive for that anyway..

rolled her over..not to be done with the real thing..wouldn't be wise

no crazy detail ,like fuel/brake lines..on this level of stock detail..i just wouldn't have looked right..like wiring up a 1/24 Bburago diecast.

did do some engine stuff..otherwise the bay would have a 'half finished' look about it..like if 85% restoration was done and somebody had thrown in the towel..

all in all ..i'm still glad i didn't pack it back up somewhere and never finish it..

like i said it was an very old kit i got from german Ebay..it came all loose parts in the box with no instructions whatsoever..so i might have missed something..

but in the end..i think it's ok..

greetings from the Netherlands..

Gee, I thought it was the real thing.

i'd wish..with these gas prices over here it wouldn't be a laughing matter though..

and the fact a real one would set me back about 100.000 euros..(in this condition)..

znotgonnahappin...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...