Model Cars Magazine Forum

Competitions in Maryland , or N Carolina this year ???

Eshaver

As long as we're on subject, I'm visiting my daughter in N Carolina this fall. Anything going on in the area then? Possibly late September or October, haven't firmed up plans yet.

Thanks

Fall in N Carolina is a spectacular time to visit Raleigh or Winston Salem !

Michael, to answer the question of Hobby shops in Durham, I'm not a dang bit of good . I know I want DESPERATELY to get into Charlotte and stop into Dennis carpenter ford reproductions and save myself some heavy freight . Then too, if you DON'T stop in Winston Salem , you have BLOWN a spectacular chance to see Quality Oil #5, a 1930 Shell oil station that was restored in 1992 by the N Carolina Art college nearby ! The LAST Quality oil service station , or number #9 , a Conventional Art Deco building has become a HAVE to Visit BBQ restaurant !

Quality oil 5 shown 2011.jpg

Quality Oil 5 N Carolina 2007.jpg

As long as we're on subject, I'm visiting my daughter in N Carolina this fall. Anything going on in the area then? Possibly late September or October, haven't firmed up plans yet.

Thanks

There is the Charlotte Auto Fair in September and The GoodGuys show in October, both at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Google them for dates/costs/etc. The cars and swap meet area are always packed, lots to see and do.

Not much in the way of hobby shops anymore, although there is a good R/C shop across the border in Rock Hill SC, they have a couple of tracks and a ton of stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! It looks like I'll busier than I thought. I forwarded the info to my daughter, her husband is looking into the best dates to come down. I wish I could visit more, get 5 weeks of vacation year but try to use it!! 

Thanks again, looking forward to visiting!!!!