Model Cars Magazine Forum

about how many models have you

Reduced to only ca. 2,000 unbuilts and 30 odd builts.
However, to compensate, my diecast collection is growing. Now ca. 150 1/24s, 200 1/18s and several 100 old Dinkys, Corgis, Spot-Ons and now several Sikus.
I guess I'll sell a lot more kits in the near future and buy more diecasts.
I enjoy working with metal more, than I do with plastic and meanwhile a lot of the cars I want models of are available as diecasts.

I sold about a hundred last year on eBay. I have a couple hundred built. I've lost, destroyed or gave away probably 200 more over the last 45 years. Finally, I have several hundred unbuilt, that need to be sorted for sale on eBay and figure out what I'll keep to build.

Reduced to only ca. 2,000 unbuilts and 30 odd builts.
However, to compensate, my diecast collection is growing. Now ca. 150 1/24s, 200 1/18s and several 100 old Dinkys, Corgis, Spot-Ons and now several Sikus.
I guess I'll sell a lot more kits in the near future and buy more diecasts.
I enjoy working with metal more, than I do with plastic and meanwhile a lot of the cars I want models of are available as diecasts.

Well if you decide to sell any kits in the future Christian let me know, I also collect diecast and we are in the same country .....

i only got 4 large scale cars built..and one 57 Chevy in 1/12 sitting on the shelf..

i don't wanna stash anything ..what i buy gets built anyway ,or whenever i feel like it..

when it comes to 1/18 diecasts..thats another story..got about 60 of them..even a couple of 1/12 models..

most of these 1/18 models have been modified ,in terms of wheels ,color or engine..

sadly for Euro guys there aren't many good kits of european cars around that look great when built..some Revell Germany kits are way off in proportion

so i don't buy or build them..and the fact i find 1/24-25 a little small for my taste..

and you never ever come across a US Muscle car overhere..except for shows or meetings...so relating to that subject is hard also...

i never got to drive a Charger or Cuda..Firebird or Mustang in Highschool like you guys, hahaha...so there's no sentiment..

I've got around 75 built and excess of 1500 Unbuilts plus resin bodies but I've been buying for a little over 10 years now. And no plans on stopping I just enjoy the hooby and I've been building off and on since I was 8 and I'm 56 now.

vince

Well, I guess I don't feel so bad about have 160 kits. Thx! LOL

I sold about a hundred last year on eBay. I have a couple hundred built. I've lost, destroyed or gave away probably 200 more over the last 45 years. Finally, I have several hundred unbuilt, that need to be sorted for sale on eBay and figure out what I'll keep to build.

I thought I give an update with an official count of what I haven't built with some pictures. I unboxed all my stash from storage and did an inventory. There are 241 unbuilt kits. 29 kits are started in one form or another. I will be putting many up for sale on eBay soon like I did last year. Here are some pictures three are not included two are the 1/8 scale Big T and Big Duece and an old Monogram Goin' Buggy dual body VW. The box of Bill Elliott kits are never to be sold either.

I probably have around 75 kits. Not sure how many are started, at least a dozen. And a couple are ship models, two different scale versions of the carrier my grandfather served on in WWII, and one or two airplanes that were just too cheap to pass up. Nothing really finished.

I have had much larger stashes in the past, but have had to sell a good portion to live on when things got bad a couple of times.

I honestly don't remember what happened to all of my childhood ones. I think most ended up under the woodburner for customizations.

And Cox Glo Fuel made for excellent flame burnouts.  :lol:And then flaming models. :o

Russ

Edited by russosborne

Tried to get a count last year from what is in my spreadsheet. Has resin kits and restorables as well as unbuilt kits. Does not include builts or the 1/43rd resin kits. Total was 4700. Way too many !!!  In case of a severe flood at least I could glue up a houseboat.