Model Cars Magazine Forum

Same company (Occre) that makes the London tram I posted earlier. Same type of 1/24 scale multi-media kit (laser-cut wood parts, cast white metal, brass rod, wooden strips, plain paper "decals," etc.) This model represents the first electric tram in Berlin, it's route was actually in the West Berlin suburbs (Westliche Berliner Vorortbahn). It remained in service until 1943, at which point Berlin was basically a wreck.

Another great model, I love it! IMO it is even more attractive than its London counterpart.

Did you consider a vignette similar to the one with the cable car? A section of cobbled street, street car rails and tram wire would be rather easy to make and would look great. 

Another great model, I love it! IMO it is even more attractive than its London counterpart.

Did you consider a vignette similar to the one with the cable car? A section of cobbled street, street car rails and tram wire would be rather easy to make and would look great. 

I scratchbuilt the base on the San Francisco cable car... I guess I could do the same here! :D

I managed to track down the original tram (triebwagen 40) at www.tramdepot14.de

Evidently photographed at one point in its life with some sort of cow catcher. You probably already found it, but I thought there might be some cues there for a base.

Edited by sjordan2