Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius California Flash 1965 Belvedere

jjsipes

6935.jpg

Loving this.

Question what other decals are out there that would work on this kit?

Bill Jenkins http://www.slixx.com/7170.htm?id=4629

Shirley Shahan http://www.slixx.com/7153.htm?id=4583

Bill Shirey http://stores.smhracing.com/458-the-professor-64-65-plymouth-bill-shirey/

Ronnie Sox ran a stock wheelbase as well

Anybody know of any others?

Edited by jjsipes

Dont hold me to it, But I think the decals to do the Chuck Ostrich car and the The Professor  cars are both available

The  Chuck Ostrich car

12552663_962166300485493_235322789704269

The Professor 

http://images58.fotki.com/v85/photos/4/43692/4882204/BillShireyTheProfessor-vi.jpg

The Ferris Motors car

ferris-motors-hurst-tornado.jpg

Cant think of any others at the moment

Edited by gtx6970

Dont hold me to it, But I think the decals to do the Chuck Ostrich car and the The Professor  cars are both available

Cant think of any others

That's right. Fred Cady did the Bill Shirey "The Professor". I had even started the 1964 car. Duh!!!

what parts are in the california flash?....I like it.

My understanding is its a superstock Hemi auto car. Sedan obviously , stock wheelbase with correct A990 interior

I'll just holdoff buying any of  the newly released sedan and get a bunch of these instead

My understanding is its a superstock Hemi auto car. Sedan obviously , stock wheelbase with correct A990 interior

I'll just holdoff buying any of  the newly released sedan and get a bunch of these instead

Ditto, while I wont be buying a bunch of them, I will get one instead of the newly released sedan.

I thought the Fenner Tubbs car was just all black.

I think you are correct,

All black with white lettering ( or was it silver lettering ) . The car went thru a few changes over the course of couple seasons ( like many of them did back then )

Hello from Canada. New member here, and I'm reading the posts on the new Moebius kit coming out. First, a huge thank you goes out to the manufacture and Model King for bringing out kits the model builders have

been asking for for years. This one is on my must build list also. Now, Sox and Martin drove a stock wheelbase sedan, along with The Melrose Missile. Cady made decals for The Melrose Missile, and Slixx decals could be

used for the Sox and Martin car. I would invite everyone to check out a site called georgeklass.net. If you are interested in vintage drag racing, this site is loaded with some great shots, and lots of building ideas

here. Some more 1965 Plymouth Sedans: Miller and Guenther, Mr. 5 and 50,, Texas Rattler,Stinger. Hope this bit of information is helpful, and a great forum.

Thanks for listening.

Barry Kennedy

Ont. Canada

Hello from Canada. New member here, and I'm reading the posts on the new Moebius kit coming out. First, a huge thank you goes out to the manufacture and Model King for bringing out kits the model builders have

been asking for for years. This one is on my must build list also. Now, Sox and Martin drove a stock wheelbase sedan, along with The Melrose Missile. Cady made decals for The Melrose Missile, and Slixx decals could be

used for the Sox and Martin car. I would invite everyone to check out a site called georgeklass.net. If you are interested in vintage drag racing, this site is loaded with some great shots, and lots of building ideas

here. Some more 1965 Plymouth Sedans: Miller and Guenther, Mr. 5 and 50,, Texas Rattler,Stinger. Hope this bit of information is helpful, and a great forum.

Thanks for listening.

Barry Kennedy

Ont. Canada

....I would hope that decals are going to be made to build some 70s 80s era S/S  65 Plymouths like Steve Bagwell, Ken Montgomery's 555, Thumper, and many others from that era, as there were so many very nice ones. over the 50 years of these cars being around, the number of owners and paint schemes is pretty vast, so decals for some killer builds is entirely possible...the Ace....B)

Thanks for listening.

Barry Kennedy

Ont. Canada

Barry, that's a great site as I've seen in before awhile back. Thanks for reminding me.

....I would hope that decals are going to be made to build some 70s 80s era S/S  65 Plymouths like Steve Bagwell, Ken Montgomery's 555, Thumper, and many others from that era, as there were so many very nice ones. over the 50 years of these cars being around, the number of owners and paint schemes is pretty vast, so decals for some killer builds is entirely possible...the Ace....B)

Now that I think about it,,,,,,,I seem to remember that someone was / is / or used to do decals for  the Steve Bagwell car ?

Its Blue and white , almost the exact same  layout as the Butch Leal car

Cady did do a Golden Command car, but technically its for the 64 car.( aka #6 )  and I think he did a sheet for the 65 AFX car. There 65 superstock decals were vastly different than any of there other cars.

Not to mention it was a hardtop .

12472479_10201715263559986_5098092965792

Edited by gtx6970

Now that I think about it,,,,,,,I seem to remember that someone was / is / or used to do decals for  the Steve Bagwell car ?

Its Blue and white , almost the exact same  layout as the Butch Leal car

Cady did do a Golden Command car, but technically its for the 64 car.( aka #6 )  and I think he did a sheet for the 65 AFX car. There 65 superstock decals were vastly different than any of there other cars.

Not to mention it was a hardtop .

12472479_10201715263559986_5098092965792

I'll tell you what I think on all this....I would venture to say that for any of us to fret over decals that were once made is going to be a moot point, because the decal guru's will be all over this kit cooking up any and every possible driver/ owner they can produce to sell everyone....you will eventually see all the famous, typical cars we all know, down to the most obscure paint scheme's and drivers in the not so famous category.....just my 2 cents,,,,the Ace....;)

I'll tell you what I think on all this....I would venture to say that for any of us to fret over decals that were once made is going to be a moot point, because the decal guru's will be all over this kit cooking up any and every possible driver/ owner they can produce to sell everyone....you will eventually see all the famous, typical cars we all know, down to the most obscure paint scheme's and drivers in the not so famous category.....just my 2 cents,,,,the Ace....;)

I sure hope so.

I for one would like to see decals to do the Jim Hagen car, the Steve Bagwell car , The Dick Housey car, or maybe even the Arlen Vanke car. And many more I cant think of right now