Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRISCA F1 scratch build.

buggin' out

So, after a while of not posting on here, i have decided on my next project, i want to build a BRISCA f1, unfortunatly there are no sets made of these cars, so it will have to be scratch built, i have managed to make one in a 3d model software before, so how hard can it be irl right? having just been paid my first wage, i can now afford the styrene to make it, but im not sure the sizes i should get and i may need a bit of help with some things, as its my first time scratchbuilding.

i have found a brilliant build diary on a website showing exactly how the guy made one, however there isnt any sizes that i can refer to, so im not sure of the styrene i should get, here is a link to the build diaries from 1 to 5: http://f1stockcars.com/?s=build+diary.

Also, does anyone know of any sites that sell styrene based in england, as it takes weeks to be shipped from america and my local model shop doesnt stock it.

Kai,

Do you mean styrene sheet? If so, it's readily available in the UK. Try here https://slatersplastikard.com/

Also Evergreen can be found in many model shops. http://www.sherwoodmodels.co.uk/prestashop/127-evergreen-white-plain-opaque-styrene-sheet

If you go to any decent sized model railway exhibition you are bound to find a trader selling it.

steve

Yes Kai, I buy all matter of 'Evergreen' made plasticard/plastic sheet, round stock rod,square,tubes all of these in different sizes from Fred Aldous in Manchester. Just Google search on that name. Good to see you back and enjoy yourself!

Right, thanks guys, yeah i have heard of and seen evergreen things for sale online, just never seen it round here, there isnt any model shops that stock it around me unfortunatly, sos i will check out those sites, and that guy you mentioned pat, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

An update, finaly, i got my styrene for the chassis, hopefully, though i kinda think its a little to small, but im not sure, what do you guys think? 

WP_20160504_19_39_06_Pro.thumb.jpg.69775

WP_20160504_19_39_22_Pro.thumb.jpg.fccab

WP_20160504_19_39_39_Pro.thumb.jpg.143e8

There is 10 2 mm wide ones and 5 1.5 mm wide ones, the engine is there for scale comparison if the keys arent enough.