Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1980 Plymouth Volare reissue?

Ben

I plan on getting a couple of these and of the Pinto wagon as well. Being the contrary way I am though, now that it is becoming available, I also want the '78 version also of the Volare and the hatchback version of the Pinto. I always want what I can't have!

• 1 month later...

Sure would like to see some pics of the parts inside this reissue once any of you have one in-hand!  I believe it'll be pretty much a straight reissue, but I haven't convinced myself that I need to get one yet.  Can one of you post some pics here when you get one?  Thanks!

I do wonder if they have done anything w the tires. IIRC the stock tires in the Volare kits were hard plastic. 

I'm willing to bet, Round 2 will be giving us better tires than just the old hard plastic ones. The hard plastic ones may still be there, but I'm sure a nice set of vinyl or rubber (what ever they're made of) will be there too. That's the way it's been done in other Round 2 reissues were the hard plastic tires were originally in the kit.

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for a nice review, showing us what exactly is in the box. I still have not bought one. The guy sells most of my new releases has not been at MCCM meeting the last two months. So, I have bypassed buying from him on a couple of the new kits I've really wanted. I like to give him my business, but I can also be a little impatient. The Volare maybe my next purchase before seeing my regular vendor at the meeting. The Pinto wagon can wait until I see him next.

In the meantime, let's see a review.