Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Dodge Charger; interior work

Roadrunner

its really not a hard thing , just carefully cribe the door/trunk etc line a bit deeper and sand the edges smooth again .. but if you dont feel comfortable just leave it :)

I know. I've scribed aircraft models before, but I don't think I'll bother for the most part with car models, at least not for now. More than likely, as I become more comfortable with car modeling in general, I'll eventually give it a try though.

Just out of curiosity, why a curbside? This has a terrific engine. 

Several reasons, mostly the gobs of additional detailing that I don't feel up to doing yet. Thanks for looking in. I'm really hoping to get some primer on this in the next few days. I'm pretty close, but not quite there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Joe. Perhaps I'll actually finish this one; I certainly hope so anyway. OK, so I finally I have primer on this baby (been working on other projects), and hope to start painting very, very soon.  Still a few tiny boo boo’s to repair, then it’s paint time!

Man that looks clean!!! I love this stage of a build as it's a down hill slope from there...................unless I've got a lot of sanding and buffing to do! :mellow:

Thanks a bunch, Joe. I really took more time on this one than I had been. There are one or two tiny issues to be dealt with (tomorrow probably), then it's paint time. I anticipate the Star Spangled Blue looking very complimentary on this car.

Edited by Roadrunner

I like that color! I was up in San Antonio yesterday and was looking for this color and couldn't find it. I may have to end up ordering it.

Say..............Is that  a kitchen table for the workbench? I'm facing that possibility within the month. My wife invited our niece to stay with us for a bit.:mellow:

Edited by mustang1989

I like that color! I was up in San Antonio yesterday and was looking for this color and couldn't find it. I may have to end up ordering it.

Say..............Is that  a kitchen table for the workbench? I'm facing that possibility within the month. My wife invited our niece to stay with us for a bit.:mellow:

Thanks, Joe. I like the color too, quite a lot. Yep, kitchen table. When I moved from my house to here, I had to give up my man cave. Over this winter though, I'll be building an 8' x 10' L-shaped bench in the basement, incorporating a built-in paint booth, so that I can return to a more appropriate hobby environment. I've already designed and drawn it up in AutoCAD, specifically to fit the space available for it.

Second (and probably last) wet coat applied today. It may not look it, but this generally looks much better than before, at least in person it does. After some polishing, it should look really nifty, or at least I certainly hope so.

gloss%202%20004_zpsmbcwztxe.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner