Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC '73 Mustang?

JTalmage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my decals from Keith Marks in the mail today. As normal, the decals from Mr. Marks are perfect. In fact they are better than they look on his webpage. The ordered the decals in black. Now, what color do I want to paint this car? For some reason, I've always liked this particular Mustang in Yellow. The trouble is that I've done three cars recently in Yellow. Red would be my second choice. But there, I did a the Boss 351 kit a few years ago as a '71 Mach I in Red (wanted it to look close to the Bond car from Diamonds are Forever). Again using Keith Marks decals. So Yellow it most likely will be.

Edited by unclescott58

I got my decals from Keith Marks in the mail today. As normal, the decals from Mr. Marks are perfect. In fact they are better than they look on his webpage. The ordered the decals in black. Now, what color do I want to paint this car? For some reason, I've always liked this particular Mustang in Yellow. The trouble is that I've done three cars recently in Yellow. Red would be my second choice. But there, I did a the Boss 351 kit a few years ago as a '71 Mach I in Red (wanted it to look close to the Bond car from Diamonds are Forever). Again using Keith Marks decals. So Yellow it most likely will be.

There was a bronze color that looked really good with the black graphics.

• 5 years later...
On 10/21/2016 at 9:43 PM, unclescott58 said:

Went searching online for bronze colored '73 Mach I. Found several pictures of'73 Mach 1s in a color called "gold glow"  with black stripes that looks pretty nice. I think I may have try replicating my '73 in that color.

Did you finish the build?  I cannot remember seeing it.

53 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Reading through these '71 to '73 Mustang threads has been interesting. I recently built one of the original annuals, and until now didn't realise that the new releases no longer have the Mustang script on the front wings.

DSC02156.JPG

Yes there were changes such as the Mach1 lettering used to be molded in on the early AMT kits (like the promo) and the racing versions removed the front and rear fender reflectors and any lettering or scripts.

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Yes there were changes such as the Mach1 lettering used to be molded in on the early AMT kits (like the promo) and the racing versions removed the front and rear fender reflectors and any lettering or scripts.

Yeah, both the AMT and MPC moulds have been through the mill a few times it seems. I seen the MACH1 promo, shame the scripts are gone.

Just build the silly thing......

It is a Pig's Ear, and will never improve.

Just stick it together and enjoy it........!

Sometimes we overthink these things............................................................................................

Edited by alexis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, alexis said:

Just build the silly thing......

It is a Pig's Ear, and will never improve.

Just stick it together and enjoy it........!

Sometimes we overthink these things............................................................................................

I agree. A re-issue of any kit is always welcome however inaccurate they may be. Inaccuracies don't bother me personally. I like learning about the history of the kits, the comparisons between old and new always interest me.